PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2007 H3 Using Cell through on board equip

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Default 2007 H3 Using Cell through on board equip

I have an '07 H3 and am an On Star subscriber. I do not use their cell service because it's exorbitant for one and two, you can't walk around with it

Is there any way to get your cell phone to work with the on board equipment more like in a blue tooth capacity than having the cell service go through On Star?

Such a waste when you have safer equipment but in order to be safe you have to pay a premium. I don't know anyone that wants to have another phone number attached to their car that they have to give out as well as their personal cell. I was told by my carrier that I can pay an additional monthly fee to have the phone work through the Hummer but again, costs become ridiculous!

Figured someone somewhere must have figured out a way to circumvent this...

Old 01-23-2013, 04:22 PM

You could always get a FM modulator. That's what I use. You can talk through your stereo as well as listen to your MP3 player on your phone. Mine has to where you can hook up and charge either a droid or an Iphone. Cost me about $40. Bought it at Hastings but I'm sure other places have them.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 PM

Do a search for bluetooth /addition to the 07,etc.its been discussed here,somewhere.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Sokkergrrl
I have an '07 H3 and am an On Star subscriber. I do not use their cell service because it's exorbitant for one and two, you can't walk around with it

Is there any way to get your cell phone to work with the on board equipment more like in a blue tooth capacity than having the cell service go through On Star?

Such a waste when you have safer equipment but in order to be safe you have to pay a premium. I don't know anyone that wants to have another phone number attached to their car that they have to give out as well as their personal cell. I was told by my carrier that I can pay an additional monthly fee to have the phone work through the Hummer but again, costs become ridiculous!

Figured someone somewhere must have figured out a way to circumvent this...
Hi Sokkergrrl,

If your vehicle is compatible with Bluetooth features you should be able to pair your phone. I would be happy to check you vehicle features if you have any questions. Just send me a PM with your VIN or Account number.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 PM

Don't listen to the onstar chick.

You have an 07 which did not have Bluetooth (2009-2010 had bluetooth). There are plenty of Bluetooth systems that can be mated to your OEM system and even more aftermarket radios that come with Bluetooth already in them.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:54 PM

I think "Peggy" is back with a new alias!

Old 01-25-2013, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by TPsCherryH3
You could always get a FM modulator. That's what I use. You can talk through your stereo as well as listen to your MP3 player on your phone. Mine has to where you can hook up and charge either a droid or an Iphone. Cost me about $40. Bought it at Hastings but I'm sure other places have them.
There is a little microphone in the ceiling over the driver head - that's where when I'm talking to On Star (or when I've used their minutes to speak on my "car" phone) my voice is picked up. If I get an FM modulator where does it pick up your voice?

Old 01-25-2013, 10:06 AM

Thanks for advice...sorry to sound ignorant but what is an OEM system? If I'm trying to purchase a blue tooth that will mate to my OEM (whatever that is ;0) what am I looking for?

Old 01-25-2013, 10:08 AM

Jessica from OnStar - 2007 models don't have bluetooth capabilities...

Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 AM

It comes thru your speakers and picks up thru them also. I also use it in my work truck, and it doesn't have a microphone. Picks up calls clearly

Quick Reply: 2007 H3 Using Cell through on board equip