PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2006 h2 sut help My light has gone out in my heater/a/c fan switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Default no worries !

Originally Posted by LoJac963
Well when we finally meet up (mostly my fault for taking so long) I'm sure we could work something out. Honestly the hardest part is getting everything apart and figuring out the polarity for the LED's. The actual soldering in is the easy part.....somewhat.
No worries! We got plenty of time!!! I just enjoy seeing quality homemade mods on H2's. I recently scored an OEM rear view camera system for my H2 and I cant wait to do that mod next. My list is growing but my pocketbook isnt . LOL

Old 04-10-2013, 01:31 AM

lol I hear ya man. I would love a rear view cam but I have no clue how to go about it. Guess I could research but I have quite a few other mods I want to get done before that......

offroad flares
cowel lights
some sort of aftermarket front bumper
GOBI hi-lift and axe/shovel mounts

its goes on and on lol

Where did you get the cam system from?

Old 04-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Default Camera

I got it on eBay of all places. Every once in a long while, people living back east someplace list these OEM cameras for the H2 on eBay for sale. These are the entire kits too; mirror, camera, all wiring, etc. Originally, they were a dealer installed option. They run anywhere from $200 to $500 dollars which is really cheap compared to what the dealers were charging their customers back in the day.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:30 PM

hmm I may have to keep an eye out for one of those setups!

Old 04-11-2013, 09:14 PM

Escalade.face what year is the plate? What all do you need for the swap you did? Thanks..

Old 04-11-2013, 10:52 PM

I found it on Ebay, you don't need to look for a face out of an escalade. I don't remember the sellers name but he sells escalade faces for the H2's. So you're searching for H2 gauge face.

I have an 06 so I needed one with the gear indicator cut outs. Most of the faces on the market do not have the cut outs, this was one of the few that did.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:51 PM

Hey LoJac how much would you charge if I sent you my radio, tow buttons, a/c unit, 4x4 buttons, headlight control switch and rear wiper control if you replaced all the leds?

Old 04-27-2013, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Evo Lol
Hey LoJac how much would you charge if I sent you my radio, tow buttons, a/c unit, 4x4 buttons, headlight control switch and rear wiper control if you replaced all the leds?
It was said after I did mine I could start a small LED retrofit business. The issue is I don't have any way to bench test the lights. I really have no intention on ripping apart my entire dash to test someone elses setup.

I would have to setup a test bench with all the connection plugs to plug into each component, know which leads on those plugs are for 12v power, etc.

It is a very involved process but not difficult at all. Plus you can do each piece one at a time if need be to minimize downtime.

If you are interested in doing it I'd be more that happy to walk you through anything or answer any questions you may have.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
It was said after I did mine I could start a small LED retrofit business. The issue is I don't have any way to bench test the lights. I really have no intention on ripping apart my entire dash to test someone elses setup.

I would have a bench set up with all the connection plugs to plug into each component, know which leads on those plugs are for 12v power, etc.

It is a very involved process but not difficult at all. Plus you can do each piece one at a time if need be to minimize downtime.

If you are interested in doing it I'd be more that happy to walk you through anything or answer any questions you may have.
Start the business! ! Lol. I am going to attempt to do this project myself with your help. First question I have is which style leds did you purchase from ebay? I found these: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=130687238042 also I noticed the rear wiper control switch has some type of micro bulb.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:53 AM

those LED's you posted won't work. You need plain bulk LED's. Also all of the lights are small filament bulbs. Let me see who I ordered all mine from and I'll let you know. His prices are excellent and shipping is fast.

Also the color doesn't matter BUT you definitely need diffused lens LED's. It scatters the light more and reduces the "hot spots" when the LED's are on.

Quick Reply: 2006 h2 sut help My light has gone out in my heater/a/c fan switch