PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2003 H2 won't crank *vid*

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Default 2003 H2 won't crank *vid*

Hey guys,

I'm really in need of your help on this one. My car was at the mechanic getting the front suspension done today. I came to pick it up this afternoon and drove it back home no probs. I've stopped at the parking lot at my place and got out to take some pics for my GF to let her know I got the truck back. Suddenly it just died. I got back in tried to start it up but nothing happened. I mean the battery is fine, the lights on the dash come on. I dunno why the gear shift display doesnt show the current position and after i try to crank it a yellow padlock icon appears on the dash. I took a vid to show you guys how it looks like. Any help would be appreciated on this one. I live in Poland so no GM dealers are an option .

Btw i know the gauge says there is no fuel but on my way back from the mechanic it showed half a tank like i left it there.

My guess would be the GM security thingy that immobilizes the car, but why the shifter would suddenly stop showing the position ?

Oh and on star button is glowing red like it never did.

(in the end you can see the padlock kicking in)

Sorry for such a chaotic post but im trying to throw all the information I gathered on this and I would really like to see my H2 back on the road...

Old 11-02-2016, 10:10 PM

This happened to my wife's '08 a few times when she accidentally pushed both lock and unlock buttons on the key fob at the same time. Try locking it, wait a little while, then unlock and try again. Also be sure the shifter is as far forward as it will go. If it's not it could engage the security feature.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:28 AM

Thanks for your input Flyday58.

I'm pretty sure I didn't press any buttons on the key fob as I was outside the car trying to take a picture when it just died. I left the car outside for the night and tried it again this morning but no luck. I removed the negative cable from the battery when I was off to work today and left it like that. I'll update as soon as I get back home.

Btw. did your wifes car just start working on its own ? Or was there something you did ?

Thanks again.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:21 AM

We were never sure what the issue was, but bought a new fob and haven't had any problem since. Here's a procedure we found that may help:
*Push and hold horn button on fob until horn sounds at least 3 times
*Put truck in neutral
*Push lock and unlock buttons on fob at the same time
*Apply brake and attempt to start
*Repeat procedure if truck does not start

This worked for my wife when we were 1200 miles apart and the H2 wouldn't start. She also had no shift indication and it seemed to be a security issue. Her fob was cracked and may have been sending bad signals, and had no probs since we got the new one. But I do get that you were outside and it just quit. I was going to have her remove the battery cable but this procdeure worked, or else locking and unlocking, or the shifter firmly in P did it. We don't really know but it hasn't done it again. Been about 8 months.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:35 AM

Also look through this to see if there are some possibilities here:
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...n-start-35065/

Old 11-03-2016, 10:56 AM

And here's my original post about my problem, never got a reply:
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...lockout-36780/

Old 11-03-2016, 11:19 AM

Not exactly like your prob but:

Old 11-03-2016, 12:12 PM

Home with a broken toe so all kinds of time to surf for answers. Looks like if you leave the ignition on for 10 minutes the passlock light will go out and you can start the truck.

10 minutes later...got to thinking about the no fuel in tank indication. Look at this:
05 silverado 1500 no start, fuel guage reads empty - 1999-2006 & 2007-2013 Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra 1500 - GM-Trucks.com

Old 11-03-2016, 12:32 PM

Hey, you've been a great help to me thank you for that. Sorry about your toe though...

I've tried all of the above and more.

I'm one step closer however

I came across this thread:

No start. - Page 2 - Hummer Forums by Elcova

The issue was EXACTLY the same. The blown fuse PCMB which was blown at my truck aswell after replacing the fuse it cranks but still doesn't start. The guy replaced the whole fuse box with a new one and that solved his issue. The problem is that I'm not sure I can find a new one here...

I'll prolly have to have an electrician come over and give it a look. Maybe he can think of something.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:31 PM

Sounds like the same problem, use a test light to see if you have power on the pcm1 fuse

Quick Reply: 2003 H2 won't crank *vid*