PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2003 H2 battery keeps dying

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 11:09 AM

After reading the above post where the chain was advised to take the fuse out of OnStar. I'll try this option, and I hope this will help to remove the battery to continue the death. All the best to you in the beginning of the Hummer guys!

Old 01-07-2012, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by mnext02
ok here is the latest. I went to pick it up today, cuz the mechanic has had it all week and can't figure it out. When I am there, the mechanic that works saturdays asks me if he cant take a look at it for a couple hours before I take it home. He calls me and says hes 98% sure if they put a new Cluster guage in, that it will take care of the problem. The battery guage on the cluster does not work, all other guages do. He tells me that since the battery guage doesnt work, that when the computer tries to tell it the alternator that it needs to be charging, the message is not getting through, because of the battery guage not working. something about the stepper motor or something - I dont know. Anyway he convinced me to get a new cluster, the price is like $335 for the part, I told them to go ahead and do it. So Monday they are going to put that in and then drive it for a couple days, he says he wants to be 100% sure it is fixed before they give it back to me. Do you guys have any opinion on whether you think this will do the trick? thanks so much!
Just an FYI for anyone else that could come across this thread w/ guage cluster problems. The stepper motors are $4. Its the same motor for every dial. Dont get convinced into buying an entirely new replacement guage cluster, your current one can be fixed.