PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

200 miles in low range

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Default RE: 200 miles in low range

too narrow as in body damage narrow. i have no problem with brush pinstripes, they add character. boulders leave more than just pinstripes. the long wheelbase isn't rubicon ready either.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:10 PM

i can't find that sign-up sheet now, dangit. i'm sure i bookmarked it at home.

the thing about offroading is that its so insanely fun to just go drive. ask the neighbors if you can drive, and then just drive. see hill, go up. see gravel dig, plow into it and see if you can make it over whatever. see slough, plow in there (assuming you know that it isn't a rock-covered lake bottom, but just mud in there. for the most part, i've seen all these little lakes swamps and sloughs dry so you have a good idea). then ruin your shoes and get 2 pickups to pull you out, hopefully you don't need a tractor.

Its very simple and free. And now and again somebody pulls off the highway to ask what in the hell is wrong with you and laugh a bit, or hops off a tractor to ask what in the hell is wrong with you and laugh a bit.

I wonder if more organized trails are as simplistic in their reward?

Old 07-07-2006, 11:57 PM

obviously i didn't mean this forum is a little out there.

we're completely out there.

j/k, but you guys know what imean.

Old 07-08-2006, 02:32 AM

It's hard for me not to turn right on the road and try to go over the cement barriers that are about 2-2.5 feet high. Every time I see one i want to go over it. In my area, that will land you a big fine if not arrested, and that is why I haven't done it yet. I see ditches that would be fun to cross, but again there's Johnny Law to bust my fun. If it were up to me, all roads would require low range.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Linus Gump

It's hard for me not to turn right on the road and try to go over the cement barriers that are about 2-2.5 feet high. Every time I see one i want to go over it. In my area, that will land you a big fine if not arrested, and that is why I haven't done it yet. I see ditches that would be fun to cross, but again there's Johnny Law to bust my fun. If it were up to me, all roads would require low range.
i hear that!

stuck on the interstate durring a traffic jam? just take a hard right, go over the big construction dirt pile, past the caterpillar, up onto the grass, and left up the ditch to the stop light, where you can sit quietly as though you did nothing wrong.

oh, man. see, 95% of the time i'm in my hummer i just idle around all mellow like. i've never had a vehicle that made me feel more smooth when driving. just smooth, laze along, do your thing, everybody can just exist around you.

the other 5% you should, in fact, be in low range and using it. prius drivers have their own traffic jam (i am a prius driver!) joy. they don't waste gas, so they can sit there and sort of be pleased by the fact that they're just listening to CDs and not wasting money.

hummer drivers should get their own traffic jam joy as in if you have a hummer you can just go around. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 07-12-2006, 03:09 AM

I'll take ya up to the Rubicon if you want. My friends and I are competent spotters that can get you through there without body damage. Let me know when you wanna go.

I'll be driving my Jeep as its a little more Rubicon friendly.

Lets go play!
Name:  CIMG0124.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  33.7 KB
Name:  CIMG0112.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  48.4 KB

Old 07-12-2006, 07:08 AM

so you have a hummer and a jeep or just stopping by to visit? welcome to the forum. I like that jeep, what makes the track so much wider?

I've been wondering if it owuld be sensible to pick a handful of high-damage-to-a-wide-vehicle trails, run them, gouge up the sides & then just fix the truck once. That seems reasonable.

Or, if this is what shortie calls a "troll", then:

well, as somebody needs to save the princess, and nobody rides steeds anymore, i guess it'll have to be a white hummer.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:48 PM

hey Green, didn't you say it was some jeepers that tried to get you in a bad situation as they were spotting for you? makes me wonder why a jeeper, with a very nice looking jeep i might add (if it was blue, i'd think i may know the owner), would come on a hummer forum offering to assist getting through the rubicon. the gatekeeper may be destroyed now, but i'm sure there's some more hairy spots left. there's a bunch of H3's planning to run the whole route a few weekends from now, maybe they'd be interested in the offer.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

hey Green, didn't you say it was some jeepers that tried to get you in a bad situation as they were spotting for you? makes me wonder why a jeeper, with a very nice looking jeep i might add (if it was blue, i'd think i may know the owner), would come on a hummer forum offering to assist getting through the rubicon. the gatekeeper may be destroyed now, but i'm sure there's some more hairy spots left. there's a bunch of H3's planning to run the whole route a few weekends from now, maybe they'd be interested in the offer.
Well, i cannot say what anybodies intention was, of course. It did seem like that at the time. One

i haven't seen any sign up sheets for the rubicon, probably the august moab date is, well, pretty short notice for me anyway - about the earliest i can get anywhere that isn't within a few hours. so rubicon would probably be late in the year or even enxt year or something, and i don't even know what months its open/closed or any of that.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:12 PM

on a side note, if i had a jeep that modified (or hummer that modified or anything), i'd refuse to call it a jeep (or hummer), and i'd get my own brand of badge made.

i'd be driving an '06 greenblade, not an '06 jeep or hummer. credit where credit is due, and i think alot of these custom 4wd shops would do well to brand their creations.

This thought is one i originally read on a jeep forum, i think jeepforums or some such. Someone suggested that somebody make a buck by branding customs, and i thought that was a great idea. so i partially plagarize.

Quick Reply: 200 miles in low range