PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2 batteries 1 year

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Default RE: 2 batteries 1 year

47,000 miles and no battery issues '06 bought in dec '05

Old 12-27-2007, 06:24 PM

Try an Optimum battery!

Old 12-27-2007, 06:46 PM

AC Delco batteries are junk when they are new. Get something else in it, and you won't have a problem.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:35 PM

I went to the Chevrolet dealer & had a load test done, they said the battery was 100% charged and the only thing they could think of is a bad ground bringing the battery down. So i guess im going to have to take it to the dealership & have them look at it[:@].oh well i still love my HUMMER if its battery is dead or not

Old 12-27-2007, 11:17 PM

The Phoenix dealers put a device in the Hummers called Inilex GPS tracking system - it killed my battery. Another forum member had the same issue.

Per the service technician, the Inilex has a separate battery that feeds off of the main battery. If the Inilex battery needs charging, it pulls from the main battery. If your main battery is weak then you will truly have a battery drain and your H3 won't start.

I don't know if your H3 came with that but it may be a cause.
[/align]

Old 12-28-2007, 04:27 AM

none here,but mines an 06

Old 12-28-2007, 08:45 AM

My battery failed about a week after taking delivery. It was in my garage and got in it and it was dead. I was able to jump it after talking to the dealer to make sure they didn't mind and to tell them I needed a new battery. They said go ahead and jump it if you can, if it wont start we'll come get it.

I jumped it with no problem and drove it straight to the dealer where it wouldn't start after we killed it. They gave me a loaner for a half day and swapped the battery and changed the oil and washed her up real nice for me. That was 14K miles ago. Still going strong.

I'm sure it was a dead cell and it just had enough juice to go about a week before croaking.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:04 AM

My 2006 had a bad battery at 76 miles. However, I shipped it overseas, so it basically sat for a month without use. The bad battery was the ACDelco OEM one. I have replaced it with a Red Top Optima. However, I was not having success with this one if it sat for more than two weeks (which is common with my job). I still have this Optima installed, but am using a trickle charger to keep it up. (Do a search for "hybrid" and you'll find a photo.) I have done a load test and measured for a parasitic drain without success. If I feel I have too much money in my pocket, I'll buy another battery and see how it goes beyond the two week mark.

Note: if you get the Optima, you may not want to use the battery cover as the terminals are not in the same place. Some have used a router to mod the terminal holes. I had to mod the "puck" ever so slightly, so I could tighten up the strap. Real simple mod. Others have use a bigger Optima than me and had to trim the little reenforcement tabs on the floor of the battery box. I also removed the battery breather tube as I wasn't using the lid. Non-H3 owners can tell there is no mod the way I have had it. I have even had some say the battery looks "cool".

Old 12-29-2007, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: mountainbiker

My 2006 had a bad battery at 76 miles. However, I shipped it overseas, so it basically sat for a month without use. The bad battery was the ACDelco OEM one. I have replaced it with a Red Top Optima. However, I was not having success with this one if it sat for more than two weeks (which is common with my job). I still have this Optima installed, but am using a trickle charger to keep it up. (Do a search for "hybrid" and you'll find a photo.) I have done a load test and measured for a parasitic drain without success. If I feel I have too much money in my pocket, I'll buy another battery and see how it goes beyond the two week mark.

Note: if you get the Optima, you may not want to use the battery cover as the terminals are not in the same place. Some have used a router to mod the terminal holes. I had to mod the "puck" ever so slightly, so I could tighten up the strap. Real simple mod. Others have use a bigger Optima than me and had to trim the little reenforcement tabs on the floor of the battery box. I also removed the battery breather tube as I wasn't using the lid. Non-H3 owners can tell there is no mod the way I have had it. I have even had some say the battery looks "cool".
If you feel the Optima is not surviving try this, http://www.odysseyfactory.com/default.htm

Old 12-29-2007, 05:45 PM

I run two AGM marine deep cycle by Exide in my Cummins Diesel. It was sort of a test at first, My Exide distributor wanted me to try. Yep they got more cranking amps than the starting battery. I put them in all my boats and customers boats. I put one in my H3 so if I drown in a stream I can run the winch longer and they are sealed and will not short out underwater, tested that! They will also recover from deep discharge many more times than a cranking battery. They will also not discharge as fast as lead acid when sitting and do not give off hydrogen gas when charged. Remember the Hindenburg?
I have not compared all that to an Optima so now you can. annnd they have conventional big connection lugs on top annnnd SS wing nut connections for all those extras.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1095/1FA600073C7142278FDDDA0B360B78FF.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: 2 batteries 1 year