PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1995 Hummer H1 - Should I purchase it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 06:45 AM
Default 1995 Hummer H1 - Should I purchase it?

Hey ya'll,

I was looking at this Hummer H1 vehicle for city driving only. I'm a realtor and I think it would be a great marketing tool as I live in a town of 50,000 people this vehicle will stick out from all the rest. I'm not a mechanic by any means, I would baby it to prevent a ton of maintenance costs. From what I can see looking at all the H1's is none of them have a ton of miles but a lot of work done to them. Will this vehicle make it another 5 years? Thats how long I will be financing it. One thing I came to realize is that although its 16 years old, it's a hummer and all the h1's look the same if you aren't an enthusiast.

For people that can't read my attached image:

Description:
1995 HUMMER H1 - Limited Edition - 6.5 Litre Diesel - All Wheel Drive - Tens of Thousands of Dollars Invested H2 - LOWEST PRICED HUMMER H1 IN NORTH AMERICA

Loaded, Immaculate Condition, All-Wheel Drive, Brand New $8,000.00 Paint Job, Red Exterior, Beige Leather Interior, DVD Stereo with Navigation, 4 DVD Monitors with 11 Inch DVD Headrests, Leather Seats Front and Rear with Additional Rear Seating, Seats Six, Off-Road Lighting Package with Brush Guard and Full Skid Plates, Custom Roof Rack with Front and Rear Off-Road Lighting, Factory Tow Package, New Tires, Automatic Climate Control, Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Tinted Windows, Air, Cruise Control.

All Service Performed including New Brakes, New Alternator, Heads, Fuel Pump, Valves, New Windshields, New Transmission and Transfer Case, CV Joints, New Glow Plugs, New Ball Joints, New Fuel Filter and Air Filter, New Batteries.

Attached Thumbnails 1995 Hummer H1 - Should I purchase it?-hummer1.jpg  
Old 02-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

You can't seat 6 people in a Hummer, even with the jump seat ( unless several of them are very little people ) Hummers require regular maintenance but they aren't difficult to work on. Whether you should buy will depend to a large degree on condition and price. Your description seems to indicate that the condition is good but you don't say what price they are asking.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:32 PM

$30,000 in Alberta, Canada

Old 02-21-2011, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
You can't seat 6 people in a Hummer, even with the jump seat ( unless several of them are very little people ) Hummers require regular maintenance but they aren't difficult to work on. Whether you should buy will depend to a large degree on condition and price. Your description seems to indicate that the condition is good but you don't say what price they are asking.
Thanks for your response, this forum use to be way more active.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

Seems like a fair price.