PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

08 Ipod? bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Default 08 Ipod? bluetooth?

Is there any way to use an Ipod or bluetooth through the 08 six CD factory head unit? If so tell me!! please provide links as to what i nee to purchase to do so!

Old 01-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Default RE: 08 Ipod? bluetooth?

for a ipod u would need to have a 3.5mm jack or imput on the front of the head unit. or u can try a device like this and range from $100 to $300

[IMG]local://upfiles/4035/BCD97ACBF9294433AFEAF705E1C00C3E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Default Using OnStar for hands-free calling

Below is a good solution for Verizon subscribers with a pre-2009 H3.

OnStar uses the Verizon network, therefore Verizon users can use their existing service as part of a shared-minute plan. The only charge for me was an additional line for $9.99/month (but you may need to upgrade to a family-shared plan). Thus, you can use the onboard mic and speaker system for OnStar for hands-free phone service. You lose features such as voicemail but it's an attractive option with improved cell reception as a result of increased phone sensativity.

Also, if you don't want to bother with the inconvenience of handing out another contact number specifically for your H3 you can simply forward your cellphone/blackberry calls to your H3 number.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:26 PM

As a point of information. I picked up my 2009 H3 yesterday. It has the 6 CD radio that comes with the adventure pkg. The dealer installed the ipod hookup and it works perfectly. They used a Pacific Accessory Corp. uPAC-GMC2 ipod and auxiliary input interface with HD Radio option for GM Class 2 Databus radios. I have an ipod touch so they also included a USB charging adaptor for the ipod touch and iphone. It'sa SCOSCHE passPORT IFWA adapter. it simply attaches to the normal ipod cord and then plugs into the ipod touch as normal. It's made by SCOSCHE Industries.
I hope this helps to figure out what to do for a hookup. I didn't do it myself, I wanted to see what the dealer would come up with and it was worth the 300 bucks since if it didn't work they had the responsibility.

PS
Phone # for SCOSCHE tech support 1-800-621-3695 x3
Pacific Assy. Corp - 1-717-835-3022

Old 02-27-2009, 09:50 AM

That also helps me, I have an 06 H3 and I'm looking for the best Iphone 3G adapter since older posts were closed. Any advantages or disadvantages over the uPAC vs the USA SPEC? My dealer will not install anyone of them. Any specific models you can recommend that works the best with the Iphone 3G?

Old 02-27-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by oruna1
As a point of information. I picked up my 2009 H3 yesterday. It has the 6 CD radio that comes with the adventure pkg. The dealer installed the ipod hookup and it works perfectly. They used a Pacific Accessory Corp. uPAC-GMC2 ipod and auxiliary input interface with HD Radio option for GM Class 2 Databus radios. I have an ipod touch so they also included a USB charging adaptor for the ipod touch and iphone. It'sa SCOSCHE passPORT IFWA adapter. it simply attaches to the normal ipod cord and then plugs into the ipod touch as normal. It's made by SCOSCHE Industries.
I hope this helps to figure out what to do for a hookup. I didn't do it myself, I wanted to see what the dealer would come up with and it was worth the 300 bucks since if it didn't work they had the responsibility.

PS
Yep, what he said! It is really an easy install. PM me if you want me to walk you thru it

Old 03-03-2009, 03:27 PM

Thanks, mine should be at the doorstep today. Anyone have pics of removing the radio trim on the H3?

Old 03-03-2009, 07:34 PM

Does anyone know if the uPAC-GMC2 works with the basic radio? Thanks.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 PM

Check out their website or give them a call to see if it will work or if they have another solution.

http://www.pac-audio.com/

Old 03-04-2009, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by oruna1

PS
Thank you so much for this info. I've been wanting to get an IPOD hookup for my 2009 H3T but afraid until i heard some feedback from others. Also good to hear that the dealership might be able to install(will have to check). I took my H3T into Best buy to have a $400 Viper automatic car start and alarm installed and the thing seems to only work when the tempature is above 40 degrees(kinda defeats the purpose of the automatic start here in cold **** ohio). Gonna have to call the dealership and see if they are able to install!

Quick Reply: 08 Ipod? bluetooth?