PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

08 H3 Alpha P0101 HELPPPPP

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 06:20 PM
Default 08 H3 Alpha P0101 HELPPPPP

Hey!

I just bought a Alpha with 71K miles its like new but after a few weeks i got a check engine light for the MAF and i changed it, light instantly came back on and now its at the dealer and they cant figure it out either! Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have also tried changing the TPS and that didnt do anything either! Suggestions please! It also idles poorly when you first start it and seems to not have any power until i hit more then 2K RPM's

Old 06-24-2016, 10:29 PM

A steady or intermittent high resistance of 15 Ω or greater on the ignition voltage circuit will cause the MAF sensor signal to be increased by as much as 60 g/s. To pinpoint this condition perform a voltage drop test on the circuit. Any type of contamination on the MAF sensor heating elements will degrade the proper operation of the sensor. Certain types of contaminants act as a heat insulator, which will impair the response of the sensor to airflow changes. Water or snow can create the opposite effect, and cause the signal to increase rapidly.
Depending on the current ambient temperature, and the vehicle operating conditions, a MAF sensor signal circuit that is shorted to the IAT signal circuit will increase or decrease the MAF sensor signal that is interpreted by the ECM. Additionally it may cause a rapid fluctuation in the IAT Sensor parameter.
A skewed or stuck engine coolant temperature (ECT) or IAT sensor will cause the calculated models to be inaccurate and may cause this DTC to run when it should not. Refer to Temperature Versus Resistance.
Certain aftermarket air filters may cause this DTC to set.
Certain aftermarket air induction systems may cause this DTC to set.
Modifications to the air induction system may cause this DTC to set

Old 06-25-2016, 06:52 AM

Couple of questions.
What air filter do you have?
When you replaced the MAF did you clear the codes with an OBDll reader?
Did you check the wires going to the MAF for damage?