PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

08' H2 & Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mark R
My 09 Lux is sweet... Rides like a Caddy.. And I love the "M" posistion which lets me Paddel shift thru the gears. Use it in traffic when things slow down. Been getting 17 MPG on the Highway at around 55 MPH.

City runs about 13MPG.. Also love the "All windows Down Button" on the remote in the summer when it's been parked baking in the sun. Pop them down just before I get in. Also love the remote start in the winter ...nothing like getting into a warm Rig when it's cold out. Same in the summer..nice and cool.

Don't even have to set the HVAC controls... the confuser in the rig does it all.
I have a 15 yr. old son (with mild cp) actually, he turn's 15 TODAY! & when I was bringing him home from school a couple of days ago, I thought I would try the paddle shift & when I was going about 20-25mph I (kinda) punched it a lil' & it THREW my son's backpack in the back seat (it was sitting on the console) & I looked over at him & he had the biggest grin in the world across his face (like he couldn't believe it had that kind of kick to it) cause my 03' doesn't have nowhere near that kind of power. jmo!

Old 11-23-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by mattdillon
I have a 15 yr. old son (with mild cp) actually, he turn's 15 TODAY! & when I was bringing him home from school a couple of days ago, I thought I would try the paddle shift & when I was going about 20-25mph I (kinda) punched it a lil' & it THREW my son's backpack in the back seat (it was sitting on the console) & I looked over at him & he had the biggest grin in the world across his face (like he couldn't believe it had that kind of kick to it) cause my 03' doesn't have nowhere near that kind of power. jmo!
Yeah The Paddel Shift is fun.. You can spool up some torque using the "M" mode... But .. You can also Max out your RPM..and hope that the Confuser in the rig cuts off your fuel flow before you have a Con Ron in the passenger seat.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:22 AM

I believe there is 75hp+ in the 08 (6.2) vs the 07. 325/400, so ya that helps out alot. I have a 07 with 40k on it and sat in a 08 today with 35k. The interior is definitely nicer and I believe they also fixed the blower speed for the rear heating/cooling.

What did you end up paying for your 2008 and how many miles were/are on it?

Old 11-30-2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by colbymh
I believe there is 75hp+ in the 08 (6.2) vs the 07. 325/400, so ya that helps out alot. I have a 07 with 40k on it and sat in a 08 today with 35k. The interior is definitely nicer and I believe they also fixed the blower speed for the rear heating/cooling.

What did you end up paying for your 2008 and how many miles were/are on it?
Colbymh, if you're talking to me I paid 39k for mine & it had 43k miles on it.
The prices on them are all over the place (I've seen some down to 36k but either they had high miles or looked like they weren't taken care of). I looked quite a bit & I really wanted one with about 30-35k miles BUT I ONLY wanted that color & I really didn't see that many for sale in that color & the miles on it weren't that high. I'm very particular about mine being clean & well taken care of, I had it at my body shop guy for the last week (strictly to wet sand anything that needs it & to wax, buff & detail it) I want it to look almost new when I get it back, that's just the way I am about my vehicles!

Attached Thumbnails 08' H2 & Upgrades-dsc00533.jpg  
Old 11-30-2011, 10:12 PM

great thread, keep the info coming! thanks for the insight so far. I will be looking in the spring for my first hummer. Too bad 39K is too much for me right now. lol I will start out looking for an 08 but the 03-05s are in my price range a bit better lol.

thanks again,
steve

Old 11-30-2011, 10:13 PM

that blue looks nice too! congrats on another sick h2!
steve

Old 11-30-2011, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
that blue looks nice too! congrats on another sick h2!
steve
Steve, that Pewter (silver) color( 03' H2 with 86k miles) in my avatar is for sale! It has NEVER seen the mud, I'm pretty much giving it away (at least to me) for $19,900. I know you can get them pretty cheap right now but I've never had any problems with it (though I just put new wheel bearings in front driver side & also just put a brand new battery in it) if you're interested in it let me know, paint job is immaculate(it is very, very clean) has almost new tires on it with foosh wheels but I have thought about putting the original wheels back on it. Everything works on it & it has the dvd & 3rd row seats. I'll try & post a few pics for you, If you're interested I could take some of interior cause I know I don't have any of it right now. Also Steve, since getting the 08' I have 5 vehicles & ONLY A 4-car garage (also forgot to mention, the 03' has always been in an enclosed garage). Thank You!

Attached Thumbnails 08' H2 & Upgrades-dsc00452.jpg   08' H2 & Upgrades-dsc00483.jpg  

Last edited by mattdillon; 11-30-2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: forgot to add a few things
Old 12-06-2011, 11:13 AM

Went from a 2006 to a 2008 here, the 08 is a much nicer truck with more power, slightly better gas mileage (and I say slightly meaning negligible around town and 1-2 better on the highway due to it turning fewer rpm's at highway speed). The interior is the biggest improvement, its waaaaay better than my 06 with all soft touch material vs. the cheap hard plastic. I feel that the steering is better with a tighter feel and less road vibration through it. Full 3rd row seat, very nice rear/aux climate control. Very happy all the way around with it.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:28 PM

[quote=MVR 155;265922]Went from a 2006 to a 2008 here, the 08 is a much nicer truck with more power, slightly better gas mileage (and I say slightly meaning negligible around town and 1-2 better on the highway due to it turning fewer rpm's at highway speed). The interior is the biggest improvement, its waaaaay better than my 06 with all soft touch material vs. the cheap hard plastic. I feel that the steering is better with a tighter feel and less road vibration through it. Full 3rd row seat, very nice rear/aux climate control. Very happy all the way around with it.[/qu
MVR 155, I had read all the literature about the improvements (engine & interior) but until I actually drove one, I didn't realize how much difference it really was. Let's just say, I bought it! jmo

Old 01-12-2012, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by mattdillon
Steve, that Pewter (silver) color( 03' H2 with 86k miles) in my avatar is for sale! It has NEVER seen the mud, I'm pretty much giving it away (at least to me) for $19,900. I know you can get them pretty cheap right now but I've never had any problems with it (though I just put new wheel bearings in front driver side & also just put a brand new battery in it) if you're interested in it let me know, paint job is immaculate(it is very, very clean) has almost new tires on it with foosh wheels but I have thought about putting the original wheels back on it. Everything works on it & it has the dvd & 3rd row seats. I'll try & post a few pics for you, If you're interested I could take some of interior cause I know I don't have any of it right now. Also Steve, since getting the 08' I have 5 vehicles & ONLY A 4-car garage (also forgot to mention, the 03' has always been in an enclosed garage). Thank You!
Well Guys, I SOLD the 03' today for 19k. I thought that was a pretty good price for it (for me & the buyer), it has definitely been a Great Truck. I can only hope my 08' is as problem free! I do know I'll never go back to an older model though, they're like night & day in the difference. jmo

Quick Reply: 08' H2 & Upgrades