PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

07 H3 pros and cons

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Default RE: 07 H3 pros and cons

I recently read somewhere that there is a move to change the way that the mpg numbers are derived to reflect more accurate numbers.You can count on the current estimates to be higher than reality-Dennis gave a nice summary of why.......

Old 05-03-2007, 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Trayderjoe

I recently read somewhere that there is a move to change the way that the mpg numbers are derived to reflect more accurate numbers.You can count on the current estimates to be higher than reality-Dennis gave a nice summary of why.......
As they should...no one drives under laboratory conditions and oftentimes many believe that what the sticker says -is what they will get. Luckily for me I don't get poor gas mi for what I am driving and it has improved with break in and age. I also knew from having driven a SUV for many years pretty much what to expect. Bottom line is if you expect to get good gas mi..don't buy a SUV!

Old 05-03-2007, 08:07 PM

Did someone mention a lap dance? Next you guys will start talking about doughnuts again. Dammit..I said it didn't I....doughnuts. Imagine getting a lapdance while eating doughnuts.

As for dumb dumb...sell your H3 immediately and buy a moped.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:22 PM

I had my H3 (06) for just a little over a year, I have 10567 miles on it. I know this cause I check my mileage monthly. I am getting 17.6 mpg as we speak. I have had NO warrenty work done to it. The only time it see's the dealer is for its servicing and oil change every 3000 miles. I pull around a 2000 lb trailer (14.3 MPG) with no power issues. Just remember it is not a V-8 and will not go up Rushford hill at 65mph but it will hold it at 55. I love "Godzookie".

Old 05-30-2007, 02:19 AM

I was thinking of buying one of the little shavers for my wife. I love the look and the thought of adding another hummer to the fold was apealing. However...... upon test driving a couple I found the power to be quite lacking and the ride was buckboard. I thought I was gonna have to get dental work. The little lady is currently in a 02 4 runner and loves it. The V6 in that stomps the H3 into the ground and the ride is far superior. At this point I think the only way I'm gonna throw down for a 3 is if they make some drastic changes.GM just dummed them down far to much. But then again Im spoiled. Sorry boys. If your gonna own a hummer get the duce.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:51 AM

Yeah..I know what you mean..they ride rougher than a cob and are too under powered...I think a Rolls Royce is the better choice..

Old 05-30-2007, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Yeah..I know what you mean..they ride rougher than a cob and are too under powered...I think a Rolls Royce is the better choice..
I would like a Rolls Royce! And ... I refuse to be a lap dog for you Dennis ... I'm more the lap kitty type!

Old 05-30-2007, 08:38 PM

i hope this helps..... I never thought of even getting an h3 until I rented one when I visted my bro in oklohama at ft sills. When the car rental agent mentioned h3 for rental I answer w o hesitation. It took me about 20 min to get used to it.. When i got back to ny I only had 1 month left on my pathfinder lease before calling nissian I called hummer of manhattan - i didnt even go and look at trucks. I said bye bye to pathfinder and I cant be happier drive to my clients and making deliveries in the h3.... The h3 gets better milage than pathfinder and insurannce is cheaper... I am still trying to find places where I can drive and let loose and off road. { My fiance was mad at first i got the h3 but once behind the wheel she'll be driving it to pa more than me:: NOT!!!!!}
My friends are suprised at the 5 cynlder but i was doing 70 in a 40 oopsss didnt realize!!!
LOVE MY TRUCK I got lux package - my friends want to cruise w the H3

Old 05-31-2007, 06:55 PM

Ahhh but a 5 YO 4 runner aint a Hummer! And I guarantee you aint nobody lookin atchu in the 4! SO glad that you did not buy a 3 - just leaves 1 more out there for someone who will love and appreciate it! And for the record...I could have had a "deuce"...I chose not to and I am not crying nearly as hard every time I pull away from the pumps now! [8D]

Old 09-21-2007, 08:16 AM

Too much fighting here, where is the good info about an H-3 that is not inflated?

Quick Reply: 07 H3 pros and cons