PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

07 H3 with a cracked radiator

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 01:54 PM

My 07 H3 radiator went last week, leaking around where the tank meets the core, 46,000 still under warrentee, and they gave me a new Tahoe to drive for the two days it took to get the new radiator in and install it.
Very poor design crimping on the plastic tank with the aluminum tabs from the core, Dealer said he has seen alot of them leak. You would think they would have redesigned it by now.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Default cracked radiator

My 2006 H3 with 64,000 miles has a cracked radiator my mechanic told me that it is very common on Hummers. Has anyone else had this problem. It should be a recall. Thank goodness that I have the extended warranty because the price to fix it is $500.
Donna

Old 12-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Default 2007 H3 Hummer cracked radiator

Just bought a 2007 H3 and was told by the owner that he hasn't had any problems. Car fax was clean and when I got it home I noticed a small leak under the front drivers side of the engine compartment. Took it in to get it checked out and found a 6 inch hairline crack on the top right side of the radiator in the crease. Sounds like a lot of people are having the same problem. There should be a recall.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Default radiator

add me to the list of ppl who have the leaking radiator!!!!! ****!!!

i called hummer and asked them if they would pay for it because it was a manufacturer problem... the guy told me if i spent $100 to get it diagnosed by a gm dealer they "might" assist me......

Old 01-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Default '07 H3 Radiator cracked

Ironic...I just took mine in for an oil change, and to replace front brakes...dealership called me back with "when we went to fill your fluids, your radiator was almost bone dry. It has a horizontal crack along the top seal." Cost to replace was quoted at $750. I found another repair shop to quote it out, and they came back with $524. At least the dealership offered to match that price. I'm just shocked (probably shouldn't be) that there are so many stories on here about the same thing, but not a recall. It has over 91800 miles on it (almost all highway miles) so it's out of warranty except for the drive train. Just hoping I don't run into the axle problems I'm reading on here as well. Anyone have theirs over 100,000 miles? If so, just wondering how it's holding up. The only other major repair was a cracked head, which also caused the manifold to warp...but all of that was covered under the warranty.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Default radiator

i ended up just ordering the radiator from gm ($275) and i know a guy who is going to help me install it. either way i'm pissed cus a vehicle with under 100k miles shouldn't have these issues....

Old 01-28-2011, 07:46 AM

I just checked ebay. There is a vender that has new replacement radiators for $115. Plus shipping. I replaced mine last year at 54000 miles & found new ones for $155. + ship.On line.Its an easy repair if you can spin a wrench.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:03 PM
rsc

The aftermarket radiators I found look to be an exact copy of the H3 radiator, right down to the plastic tanks that are cracking on ours. Did you find an all aluminum one?

Old 06-24-2011, 02:34 PM

I have had the same problem my radiator on my hummer it looks just as yall described it i think that there should be a recall on the radiator. Hey every one on this site needs to call the trade commission and file a compaint so that gmc would have to do a recall on the radiator and we would all get good radiators.
Report a General Complaint
Your complaint, comment, or inquiry may help us spot a pattern of law violations requiring law enforcement action. It also may help us recognize and tell people about bigger trends affecting consumers. We do not resolve individual consumer disputes.
About a Company, an Organization, or a Business Practice
Online: Use our secure complaint form.
Phone: Call our toll-free helpline: 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357);
TTY: 1-866-653-4261

Old 06-25-2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by rsc
The aftermarket radiators I found look to be an exact copy of the H3 radiator, right down to the plastic tanks that are cracking on ours. Did you find an all aluminum one?
The aftermarket tanks do look the same on the outside. It is the inside where it counts that they are different. The trans cooler is about half the size of the factory ones and the materials are not nearly as hardy. I saw this with my own eyes so it is not just hearsay. As I have said in other threads, I just spent the $260 to have my factory one rebuilt instead of taking a chance on a lesser radiator just to save $100. For $260, I dropped the truck off and picked it up three hours later with all the work done, including new fluids and the additive to protect the inside of the radiator from the DexCool.. PLUS, I got a lifetime warranty. My time alone is worth more than the $100 I would have saved, not to mention the headaches. Plus, with the warranty, if it cracks again I take it back and get it replaced.

Quick Reply: 07 H3 with a cracked radiator