PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

06 H3 power steering system problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Default 06 H3 power steering system problems

Okay i have an 06 h3, recently i had problems with the power steering system
First started with a whistle kind of noice i would only make it in the morning or when
I pushed the gas layer that week i noticed a leak in the pressure line
I replaced it thinking the problem was fixed and it was for a couple of hours until ibwas driving and drove on a bumpy road when i noticed a smell coming from the engine it smelled like power steering fluid so i kept going to the nearest safe spot when i noticed smoke coming out the engine i tried to turn the steering wheel it was hard impossible to steer so i drove back home lucky me it was straigh road to my house so had no problems steering.
I added fluid it completely drained as i poured it I changed the pump and the pressure hose added ps fluid the autozone type "prestone"
I tured the engine on it completely ate the fluid im guessing to fill the lines and rack so i added more till the right point not over filled the receirvoir i know thats a no no so it was fine no noice not a problem i bleeded the system lifted the truck, turned the key foward not engine on though took the receirvoir cap off i started the process left to rigjt lock to lock 5,6 times each side, put the cap back on turned the engine on and did the same lock to lock, checked for leaks there were none it was fine for days intill today it started to make that whistle noice again so i lifted the truck again and tried doing the bleeding process as i was doing that i told my nephew to turn the wheels i noticed the fluid was brown with metal particles in it i was like D: what is this if i added brand new fluid righ so okay i kept doing the bleeding process and while the truck was off it turned right no bubbles on the receirvoir ahhh turned the engine on everything was fine and as the wheel turned all the way air went into the system idk how it completely made the noice but extremely loud now i dont know what to do im going to flush the fluid out tomorrow add new one amd see if the problem gets fixed.
Any suggestions and anyone whos have had this problem or knows anything please let me.know.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:09 AM

I turned the car today in the morning warmed up the truck still making a sound drove it and the pressure completely went out ps pump works but its again completely hard to turn :/