PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

04/06 mpg?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:01 AM

My previous 2003 and my 2006 both get the same mileage. 9 to 14 but I average about 10-12 MPG. Don't buy an H2 if you are concerned about fuel mileage.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by hellzarmy
sorry, but i have to ask what have you done to your rig then... out of ALL the hummer forums and people i have read/talked to.. noone gets 17 to 18 mpg.. except you...... unless you are driving a H3???

most people will get is the 14 mpg.. that is on the highway too...

before you say " i have a Duramax" too, make sure you also put int he same sentence the price you paid for that too. just the install without engine or parts will run you about the 12k range.. 5k more and you can buy a 03 H2 easily.

sorry to sound like a sour puss and all, but with the OP worried about gas prices and MPG with a H2, he shouldnt be told false info to try to get him into a H2 when it is clear he most likely will not be happy with it ( from the gas MPG point of view)
Well whenever I am not in areas with tons of hills, ex. cruising to the beach at 65 to 70, mine bounces between 17 and 18.
In town it drops to 12mpg.

I also run BP premium every tank. All fluids have been changed to Mobil one as well.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:49 PM

sorry though....I thought you had read my post though. I am not trying to lie to anyone.
Its really simple. Drive it normal......run high end fluids......change to an airraid system.....maybe punch out the cat and there ya go. Its not too hard to obtain that mileage.
I wouldnt want you to try to lie to anyone and tell them better mileage isnt out there. He doesnt need to be scared from that.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:18 PM

i get 10 city in my 06 h2 and maybe 14 highway but i like the power i have an 07 suburban rated at 300 hp and it gets 14 city but lacks power towing sounds funny but it does. the h2 is geared better and the extra ponies help so a sacrifice it is. sounds like an h3 is the answer for you good luck

Old 01-06-2010, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by BIGT2148
sorry though....I thought you had read my post though. I am not trying to lie to anyone.
Its really simple. Drive it normal......run high end fluids......change to an airraid system.....maybe punch out the cat and there ya go. Its not too hard to obtain that mileage.
I wouldnt want you to try to lie to anyone and tell them better mileage isnt out there. He doesnt need to be scared from that.
sorry first hummer ive owned whats an airraid system? ive gone synthetic fluids in motor and trans to cold to change diffs right now but in the spring it will get done also is premium fuel really a help for the extra cost here in chicago its fifty to seventy cents more than regular and for two miles per gallon city seems like a wash to me

Last edited by noavgcobra; 01-06-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by noavgcobra
sorry first hummer ive owned whats an airraid system? ive gone synthetic fluids in motor and trans to cold to change diffs right now but in the spring it will get done also is premium fuel really a help for the extra cost here in chicago its fifty to seventy cents more than regular and for two miles per gallon city seems like a wash to me
Hey man!! Airraid is an intake system that allows more air in with less restriction over stock.
Here in NC premium is 20 to 25 cents per gallon more. I havent dont the math but 2mpg more seems like it would help.
A ton of people on here run regular and thats fine. IMOP I like to run premium and I think it helps the motor. I want the best for my hummer b/c i love it! I am very proud!
I have tried the cheaper gas like wal mart.....wa wa's....sheetz....and they get horrible mileage and probably damage your motor beyond belief.
I stick to BP all the time.....even if I run regular. If I had to try something else and couldnbt get BP I would try shell.
I have always found I get better mileage with BP gas so it helps. Premium helps too. I have run the math and I dont care.......I like BP and their premium. I get the maximum mileage.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:22 PM

this is just logic too.....

If you do all your maintenance.......do it religiously.......alignments.....rotations and proper air pressure.....and possibly go the extra mile and use the best stuff......how could you not be doing better in mileage than someone that just does what they need to get by. If you work and take care of it, how could you not have better success?

Old 01-07-2010, 04:55 PM

very good point about the maintnance and the best really does work the best. looking into the intake system i see that there are a few different types and manufacturers i love performance but would like to do just a bit better on economy thanks for the help

Old 01-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Banned
Default is it worth it?

or worth anything?

i
tom

Last edited by drtom; 10-15-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:00 AM

If i am not mistaken, this section is for the H2, not the H3.

please post in the correct section as you see if causes confusion when people state they get 17+ mpg which is not possible in a H2.

H3 maybe, but i have no expeirence other than test drives, and that was with the 5 cyl engine, ( not to knock any owners) but also dont care to waste time on any H3 issues.. as i dont own one. that is why there is a different section for it, and all the other Hummer models.

Quick Reply: 04/06 mpg?