PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

03 h2

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Default 03 h2

hi guys,
looking at an 03 h2. As you all know the hummer is loved or hated, i need some help! i have diesel truck but am looking at an h2. curious on several aspects,
some threads read as follows, please advise!!!!
brakes dont stop it and its heavy? should be as good as a 2500 suburban right??
fuel economy? I dont care, hybrid batteries are weorse for the environment, anyway!
hows the ride? i dont like a mushy feel? my dodge diesel is stiff, i like it? dont want it to feel as if its floating?
shoot me all opinions, handling is important. But if i wanted a vette i would get that! this is an suv.
thanks ps the 03 h2 has 45k on the clock

Old 10-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Default RE: 03 h2

Hi. I have a 2003 H2 and love it. It is heavy at 6400lbs o you are right that gas mileage sucks. 10-12mpg average.I personally find that the brakes are great.I believe it has a hydroboost brake system, I like the ride also as it is more on the rough side.If the truck you are looking at has only 45k then it is just getting broke in. I have not yet run into any negative comments or actions from other people. All comments so far are positive. Whenever I stop for gas(which is quite often) I always have someone come up to me and ask me about it. Great truck overall!! BUY IT!!

Old 06-06-2012, 08:01 PM

ill throw my .02 in

you wont be getting anything close to your diesel truck but you already know that, i get about 8 with the setup in my sig, it can only go up from there. 10-13 is the norm, some at 14 also if they drive nice and use non eth. i got 8 with eth 87 octane in mine bucking a 40 mph head wind for 100 miles, not the best conditions for mileage.

i think for as big as it is, it handles well. they do not handle like they are big, if it feels sluggish while test driving, it needs a front end rebuild.

i have 44s and it stops well, its stops better than our 1500 z71 burb that is also an 03. the brakes are much less spongy on the h2 than the burb.

i test drove another 03, the suspension was a bit stiffer than it was on mine but it wasnt terribly bad. it wouldnt ride any worse than a 2500 truck would. it is stiff though, dont get me wrong. my h2 is smoother and a bit softer with the lift shocks on it with rezzies and stuff. the shocks help alot though.

sooner or later if you are in a big city, you will get haters. im lucky, i live in northern wi and have the biggest truck on the road. i have had mine for almost 3 weeks now and havent had anyone hating it yet. all good comments lol. they ask what i get for mileage and say 8 proudly, if they say thats bad, i say look at it. trucks with 37s or 38s hardly get that with them.

it puts a smile on my face when i take a ride and thats all that matters. friday will be 3 weeks.

steve

Old 06-07-2012, 04:40 PM

My wife drives our like a sports car! She likes it because she can see over all the cars to keep an eye on traffic. I have a '99 Ford F250 cc/sb/4x4, It has a softer ride than most 3/4 tons as it is a Lariat with soft ride suspension, But it has a longer wheelbase than the H2 and no weight in the *** end. Also it weighs several hundred #'s less than the H2. The semi-floation of the big-*** tires on the H2 do absorb alot of the road shock. If I could find a good street tire with the same o.d. as the BFG's I would get them and upgrade the sway bars. It doesn't get off road. Deep snow is as bad as it sees, and I would then change tires over to MT's.
We like our H2 very much. So much so, that we recommended that my mother-in-law get one to replace her Mercury Mountaineer that got totaled this year. She hasn't driven one yet, but she has ridden in ours alot.
It took some doing to get it through my father-in-law's head that they come pretty much loaded.....there are no "stripped down" models.
The only draw-back (for myself) is the width, In some parking spaces it sits on both side marker lines, but it turns on a dime.
MikeH

Old 11-25-2012, 03:49 AM
Banned

These trucks are bad A%^&*. You get a thumbs down every once in a while from a tree hugger driving a princess. I just give them the bird. The ride is comfortable but solid. You can run over prettymuch anything without worrying about your allignment. Gives you a sense of security and protection. Minimal mechanical problems. Its a work horse. I only drive 40 miles round trip to work so it doesnt phase me. Thinking about getting a SUT as I could imagine a truck in this model would be much more flexible. I cant say enough good things about this truck.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:46 PM

I agree with all of the positive assessments on this tread. My 03 is the best vehicle I have purchased and would hesitate to buy another even if gas was $5 bucks a gallon. It is the covette of trucks ... hmmm maybe thats why they have covette engines in them.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:44 AM

Do post some pics of it. Thanks

Old 08-20-2013, 03:22 AM

own a 2003 H2 its my favorite and gives a superb driving experience cant dare to think of for the sale. i love it a lot