PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

*PICS* Badlands 3/25/07 **56K, STAY AWAY!**

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Default RE: *PICS* Badlands 3/25/07 **56K, STAY AWAY!**

LOL Den!!! No, HummerMike saved my *** more than once spotting me down what I can only call more or less blind drops!

Thanks for the compliments JD! That last mud trail before the posed picture on the mound was definitely a wee bit tight for a Deuce but ... Deuce 131 - Trees, brush and other vegetation, well, about 3 that I saw today lol!

Had a great time and hopefully by the time we're due for the next trip my truck will be in order again :-)

Old 03-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

LOL Den!!! No, HummerMike saved my *** more than once spotting me down what I can only call more or less blind drops!

Thanks for the compliments JD! That last mud trail before the posed picture on the mound was definitely a wee bit tight for a Deuce but ... Deuce 131 - Trees, brush and other vegetation, well, about 3 that I saw today lol!

Had a great time and hopefully by the time we're due for the next trip my truck will be in order again :-)
Just so you guys all know, ZYNE/NICK was the queitest and most mellowed out person there. I think he said something like 25 words the entire time lol, totally opposite of what you'd expect from him. Now, Jeremy and myself on the other hand, yeah, we talk as much here as we do in person, in fact, people had to turn their CB's off to shut me up......................

Old 03-26-2007, 04:13 PM

to be honest, the best was seeing ZYNE and HG having fun... I like to see when people not real familiar with off roading having a good time and gaining confidence in what they are doing..

Old 03-26-2007, 04:16 PM

the videos were nice, but it would have been fun to see their faces when they came down the first drop at the top of the hill. glad you guys had a good time and came out relatively unscathed.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jdrew

Thisis where HG decide that a 4 lb. rock that is maybe the size of a medium size coffee can is too much for his tires, so he climbs down the hill to move said rock out of our path. Thank you Mike for saving us all with that possible disaster waiting to catch some unsuspecting Hummer! We all owe Mike our lives!
Hey, that rock was VERY sharp OK? I'm sorry if I'm not Mr. big and bad I have nice tires. Hell you drive 100 miles a day to and from work and see how your tires hold up

And Drew/Jeremy/Ocifer (damn, I didn't call him that not once): You have to admit, like you said, he piloted that H2 through places I didn't even think a ATV could get past. I mean you guys should have seen the approach angles. He had that fat biotch at a 45 degree angle on it's side squeezing through trees and trails made for ATV's. I honestly was amazed by it all. We kept getting out to watch him. There was only one large branch that Jeremy and I had to pull away from his H2 so he could squeeze through, but the rest he did on his own. I'm still amazed. I wish I would have gotten some video of him coming down that slope where the tree was 1 inch from his pass. side. I caught like a 5 second clip of it. I'll post it if you want lol

Old 03-26-2007, 04:27 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Thisis where HG decide that a 4 lb. rock that is maybe the size of a medium size coffee can is too much for his tires, so he climbs down the hill to move said rock out of our path. Thank you Mike for saving us all with that possible disaster waiting to catch some unsuspecting Hummer! We all owe Mike our lives!
Hey, that rock was VERY sharp OK? I'm sorry if I'm not Mr. big and bad I have nice tires. Hell you drive 100 miles a day to and from work and see how your tires hold up
And Drew/Jeremy/Ocifer (damn, I didn't call him that not once): You have to admit, like you said, he piloted that H2 through places I didn't even think a ATV could get past. I mean you guys should have seen the approach angles. He had that fat biotch at a 45 degree angle on it's side squeezing through trees and trails made for ATV's. I honestly was amazed by it all. We kept getting out to watch him. There was only one large branch that Jeremy and I had to pull away from his H2 so he could squeeze through, but the rest he did on his own. I'm still amazed. I wish I would have gotten some video of him coming down that slope where the tree was 1 inch from his pass. side. I caught like a 5 second clip of it. I'll post it if you want lol
[/quote]

You're right.. I only drive about 45 miles a day to work and back...

And Drew/Jeremy/Ocifer (damn, I didn't call him that not once):
Smart man you are... lol

You have to admit, like you said, he piloted that H2 through places I didn't even think a ATV could get past.
I believe I already admitted it.. "You have to admit, like you said"

Mike... you were the life of the party...

Old 03-26-2007, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

Just so you guys all know, ZYNE/NICK was the queitest and most mellowed out person there. I think he said something like 25 words the entire time lol, totally opposite of what you'd expect from him. Now, Jeremy and myself on the other hand, yeah, we talk as much here as we do in person, in fact, people had to turn their CB's off to shut me up......................
Shhh ... you're messing me up here man lol!!! In all honesty, I'm normally not quite THAT quiet but after everything I had experienced that day, I was a wee bit humbled by it all!
You just had an image of me as Mr. Highstrungwhich is quite true most of the time but ... being out of town, hanging out with ya'll in the mud and not being bothered by work for a change .. hell, that stuff does wonders for an over worked IT idiot like myself!

Old 03-26-2007, 05:51 PM

to be honest, the best was seeing ZYNE and HG having fun... I like to see when people not real familiar with off roading having a good time and gaining confidence in what they are doing..

Gaining it!? I feel like I had it crammed down my throat every hill we climbed or every drop we went down .. I haven't had this much fun in years! Having the experience you guys offered readily available is truly what made it what it was for me ... I wouldn't have tackled any of those pucker factor spots with out it ... Like I always say "I've done been schooled" and I thank yas for it!

Old 03-26-2007, 05:55 PM

I know the hill you are talking about Mike .. I think that was right out of the creek andbefore I got the hang of it ... yep, 45 degree is no lie .. not to mention the 2 inches I had from my drivers side door to the ground/other side of the hillLOL! If anyone wants a picture of the shark fin in my drivers seat, I'll be more than happy to take it .. that one puckered me up .. some lol!
I'd like to see the vid if you have it .. if nothing else I'll pull still frames from it!

Old 03-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

I wish I had a sunroof like ZYNE....

Nice pics.... especially that white one...

Quick Reply: *PICS* Badlands 3/25/07 **56K, STAY AWAY!**