PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

*PICS* Badlands 3/25/07 **56K, STAY AWAY!**

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Default *PICS* Badlands 3/25/07 **56K, STAY AWAY!**

Trip Report:

ZYNE and I arrive about 20 seconds apart at Badlands. We both thought we were an hour early, but we forgot about the time change where the park is located at. After waiting around for 15 min, the park opens. We pay or fee and get to the parking area.. ZYNE calls HG to find out they are about 40 min away. So Zyne and I go for a short expedition around some of the dune area.. We get back and call HG again.. He is still 40 min out??!! So we wait around about 50 min, then HM and HG show up with their dates. We air down and hit the trails.

The park is packed with quads, bikes trucks jeeps and ofcourse these 4 awesome Hummers. We slowly make our way around the park catching the eyes of every man woman and child with awe.

The weather is wonderful everything is great.. except this shreaking noise most of us hear on the CB.. Wait a min.. it sounds like a little girl.. But i have the only female in the group.. who could it be? Ohhhh it's HG going down the first hill... after the hill we romp though what some are calling a river (i call it a creek) to a nice large hill to climb out of the water. ZYNE gets a little leaning coming out, but does a great job and pulls on though...

Next its HG's turn.. we are all waiting but he doesnt see this HUGE rock he is climbing over in the water. I tried to stop him but nope.. He moves over it and "thud". Hes stuck. After working it for a few min, he gets loose and the crowd roars.. (Crowd= man, wife and child on ATVs in creek.)

HG makes it up the hill in great style and form. I give him a solid 9.5. (-.5 points for rock incident)

Now, being the observant guy that i am, I avoid the rock and just make my way up the hill silently. No fanfair for me thank you. lol

We take a run on the perimiter trail, driving on mostly flat ground with some puddles and a couple whoop-dee-doos, more or less a relaxing drive. HM find a nice drop down onto another trail. We drop down the trail. ZYNE makes it look easy with his H2, HG does it with flair and has no problem (see videos).

Next we drive around ont he trail a bit and we come out back on the perimeter trial. HM decides to drop down again on to another trail then ******** ******** ******** **** ** **** ****** ******** ********* ********** ** *** ********* ****** ***** ***. So we decied to go another route. (Ask HM what happened.. the *'s are there to protect the innocent.) Thisis where HG decide that a 4 lb. rock that is maybe the size of a medium size coffee can is too much for his tires, so he climbs down the hill to move said rock out of our path. Thank you Mike for saving us all with that possible disaster waiting to catch some unsuspecting Hummer! We all owe Mike our lives!

We end up on some dunes and take a few pics then off to some more trails. We end up on a trial that is a little narrow for fat vehicles Cough*H2's*cough, but we try it anyway.. ZYNE had a battle with a tree that has been there for a little bit of time. We pulled the tree out of the way so he could pass. I must had it to ZYNE, he did very well in these tight areas, i dont think anyone else could have done any better!!! hats off to you bro!

We get back to the parking area for some grub where we all sit and chat in the WONDERFUL weather. We decide, since some of us drove a long ways, lets air up and head out.

Again, my wife and I feel lucky to have meet all of you. Thanks HG for getting this trip together. We look forward to doing it all again with you guys.[sm=wootwoot.gif][sm=partyparty.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Here are about 2/3 of the pics I took. I am uploading 2 videos as well..

Here's the group:

HummerGuy, ZYNE, jdrew, HummerMike (in order from left to right)

[IMG]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t172/j

Old 03-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: *PICS* Badlands 3/25/07 **56K, STAY AWAY!**

These are great pics! I just sent the link to my wife. She's coming next time!

Nick: How's that tubby bitch look NOW?
(tubby bitch = Nick's H2, his nickname for it)

Old 03-26-2007, 02:19 PM

Still muddy as hell LOL! I'm working up the energy to head on down there to get it done .. in fact, I'm pretty much out of here ... should be one lenghty endevour getting all the mud out .. there's needless to say a ton of it ....

Old 03-26-2007, 02:30 PM

Great event Guys...Glad you all got to meet up..[sm=smiley20.gif]

Was this guy flippin you off Nick..just so you'd feel like you were back in the Hood..?

Old 03-26-2007, 02:35 PM

LOL.!!!

I added a nice trip report above the pictures..

Old 03-26-2007, 02:42 PM

First Vid of ZYNE

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MOV00317.flv

Old 03-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Hey J, you got it wrong. You said HummerMike got stuck on the rock........................ We ALL know who really did............

Old 03-26-2007, 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Hey J, you got it wrong. You said HummerMike got stuck on the rock........................ We ALL know who really did............

hmm... not sure about that one.. lets see if the check you wrote me clears before I really look back into my memory...

Hereis a vid of HG..

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MOV00322.flv

Old 03-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

NO sir. I got stuck on the rick on the creek, remember? HummerMike was the first one up! You are getting us confused, AGAIN!!!!!!

And to think you don't even look THAT old..............

Old 03-26-2007, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

NO sir. I got stuck on the rick on the creek, remember? HummerMike was the first one up! You are getting us confused, AGAIN!!!!!!

And to think you don't even look THAT old..............
you're right, typed wrong letter there... oops! HM's spot was the other one... I didnt get you confused... i just cant type..

Quick Reply: *PICS* Badlands 3/25/07 **56K, STAY AWAY!**