PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

"Service 4wd" light on

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Default "Service 4wd" light on

Can anyone tell me if they've had that warning reading come on their H2 before and what it might mean.
Thanks,

Old 02-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: "Service 4wd" light on

It means you need to take it to the shop to diagnose it... that can be anything in the system... and has been discussed a few times here if you want to search for it.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:08 AM

ya i am agree with Muddydawg75 , that you need to diagnose it, a really experienced professional can sort out this problem and can fix it, so before it becomes worse , you should go to the shop to check the problem.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:08 PM

Go to napa/auto zone they will put a code reader on your truck and tell you whats wrong with it, they wont clear the codes but will tell you what the coumputer in your truck is saying whats wrong.....

Old 09-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Default h2 recent issues

I have 3 things that have recently occured if anyone knows the problem.

1. Right side (passenger) A/C blows HOT air. No matter where u turn the passenger climate control **** it's all hot air. Left (Driver side) is COLD.

2. When I turn my key off the driver seat contracts, you then must reset the seat position everytime you start it up.

3. The Air Suspension sometimes lowers when you turn the key off, next time you stop it doesn't. The air bags are not leaking, its something electrical?

Thanks for the help.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:49 PM

mine had a service 4wd as well- -it was acting funny- red light neutral light lit up- then regular 4wd awd button lit up then back and forth-- sometimes the neutral red light is lit up while i am driving... wtf???

Old 12-07-2012, 10:29 PM

Dont have any idea regarding that stuff as dont have much used it in past i am also the new user of it and never got such a problem of it....

Old 12-14-2012, 06:02 AM
Default Service 4wd light on

Best For me and i like this very much.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:54 AM

3. The Air Suspension sometimes lowers when you turn the key off, next time you stop it doesn't. The air bags are not leaking, its something electrical?
There are more things that can leak. My airbags were leaking so I had them replaced(bubbles on the bags) After that still sagging. Come to find out that one of the air supply lines was leaking too. I went back and they fixed for free.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Pdmiller
mine had a service 4wd as well- -it was acting funny- red light neutral light lit up- then regular 4wd awd button lit up then back and forth-- sometimes the neutral red light is lit up while i am driving... wtf???
I had the same problem, I search the internet and found this on another hummer forum..here's the link..so I had a friend who works on 4 x 4 and had him looked at...he stated that the connector was loose, he pulled it out..cleaned it, had alot of dried mud, and placed it back..hadn't had any problem since then..this happen after another shop replaced my left hub assembly because the bearings weres shot.

SERVICE 4WD mystery finally solved - Hummer Forums by Elcova

Dan

Quick Reply: "Service 4wd" light on