Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Tire Pressure gauge

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 06:12 PM
CWS
Default Tire Pressure gauge

Could anyone recommend an accurate tire pressure gauge ? I'd prefer a mechanical dial gauge rather than digital - I've never liked the idea of trying to get a reading and the battery craps out. What's everyone using ? Ther are many on the market but is one better than another ? I have one of those pen/stick one's but these old eyes would prefer a dial, I think. I haven't seen any answers after doing a couple of searches.

Cliff

Old 03-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Default RE: Tire Pressure gauge

I just went through this....I had a digital, but it was off by 4 pds.......big amount!!!
I went to Autozone, and they have a mechanical dial for about $6....it is all metal, and very accurate.....Not sure of the brand, but it is the larger of the two they carry.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

I have one like this....

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....mp;dir=catalog

Old 03-22-2008, 07:49 PM

I'm using a digital right now, I usually check it against the built in gauge on the airpump. Been right on so far.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:29 PM

I use one like Muddy

Old 03-23-2008, 02:04 AM

I got one of these from my local Auto Zone. It's a 4x4 gauge. Can't remember the brand but you can't miss it since it's bright orange. It's really great. Similar features to the one Muddy posted...bleed valve, only goes up to 70PSI so it's easier for my old eyes to see the hash marks, and holds the pressure reading until you reset it. Seems fairly rugged too being all metal.

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/inde...05&sc=3364

H34me

Old 03-23-2008, 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

I have one like this....

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....mp;dir=catalog
Mine looks just like that one, except it says HUMMER on it

Old 03-23-2008, 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: H34me

I got one of these from my local Auto Zone. It's a 4x4 gauge. Can't remember the brand but you can't miss it since it's bright orange. It's really great. Similar features to the one Muddy posted...bleed valve, only goes up to 70PSI so it's easier for my old eyes to see the hash marks, and holds the pressure reading until you reset it. Seems fairly rugged too being all metal.

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/inde...05&sc=3364

H34me
I've used one of these for years and have twocurrently.This one makes it easier to get at the valve stemand to adjust the pressure. It's accuracy is good as well.

Old 01-26-2020, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hummergirl4
Mine looks just like that one, except it says HUMMER on it
I have a digital tire pressure gauge also with the word HUMMER on it. The batteries are dead and I recycled them without having replaced them first. Now I don't know what size/kind batteries it uses. There is nothing on the gauge or the case saying the kind of batteries it uses. Do you know? Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-26-2020, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Hummer Gauge
I have a digital tire pressure gauge also with the word HUMMER on it. The batteries are dead and I recycled them without having replaced them first. Now I don't know what size/kind batteries it uses. There is nothing on the gauge or the case saying the kind of batteries it uses. Do you know? Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.
Sorry about your loss. Just sit back and wait, Doc will be here soon.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure gauge