New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Guy: H3T Adventure in Warren, MI

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Default New Guy: H3T Adventure in Warren, MI

Hello, just got my 2009 a week or so ago, an Adventure edition in Birch White (or so I surmise b'cuz I have the two 'locker' buttons above my radio). I'm in Michigan, near the GM Tech Center. I called the dealership in Iowa (that I got it from) to see if the previous owner could be contacted about the roof rack key. In reading other posts here, I am pretty certain I have aftermarket racks because mine don't even say Hummer, AND have no SP# stamped in any of the cylinders. If there are any owners in my area who have an idea of how to proceed, Please let me know... I'm figuring that I need a locksmith or something? I've got my preferred GM dealership looking into it, but they'll come up empty since they're not stock racks.

The second bit I wanted to ask about is the small storage bins in the bed... does anyone know the part number or have a source for the small rubber grommets that get compressed when the bin latches are cycled?

The salesman in Iowa, said that mine had been previously owned by a Hummer dealership owner and that it had been meticulously serviced by one of his other dealerships after they got closed. I am finding this harder and harder to believe because even with only 54K miles on it, I've already spent over $2K replacing worn bushings, tie rods, A arms, a cracked stock wheel, exhaust pipe section, muffler and brake rotors and pads. I do not regret my purchase AT ALL, but I didn't really anticipate having to spend the first two weeks dropping if off at one shop or another.

It had 305's on it that had plenty of wear, and even if new, would be largely useless on winter streets in Michigan, so it's first trip was to get new 285 DuraTracs put on... that's where we found one wheel with a cracked inner rim/lip. So, new wheels to go with the new tires. He had done a 'decent' job of creating a blacked out look by taking off the center caps, spraying the stock wheels (and weights) with Rhino Liner, then reinstalling the center caps. Problem I had, was that in taking off the old tires, obviously meant that the weights get taken off too... this really messed up the look he had created and would have forced me to re-apply it all anyway... cleaner and sharper to just have a full set of black wheels put on! Since the last guy had clearly just used this as a toy, he didn't even have spare tire under the bed, but had the capture rig zip-tied up and out of the way. I had my tire guy take the best 305+wheel and hook it up there.

Mine has an aftermarket front bumper with a winch kit, but I have the stock bumper and bash bar in my shed.

If there's a local group in Warren, can someone tell me how to get in contact with them?

Old 09-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome. There are some members here close to you. They will post up.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:06 AM

Hello and Welcome to HF.

There are several H3T owners in your area and many more H3 & H2 owners too.

I am in Oakland county myself. If you need any help wrenching or what to wheel that thing contact me! We have a great group of guys who get together and wheel together several times per year and even travel together to Rausch Creek in PA.

Plenty of H3/H3T knowledge in our group of dummies.

PM me with a name, # and email and I will get you on the list.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:31 PM

Thanks guys! I'm new enough to forums, that I don't see the PM button on this one... is it the same as visiting someone's page and leaving a 'visitor message'?

Old 09-03-2013, 03:23 PM

I believe the PM (personal message) is a number of posts thing here. 5 or 10? Not sure.

Post up some pix of your rig. That will get you over the post hump quickly!

As far as the racks go you may eventually drill out the lock cylinders if you don't want them anymore or its locksmith time if you wish to reuse them.

Last edited by TAINTER; 09-03-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:26 PM

I'm totally wanting to use my roof racks, so I'm hoping to find a solution that allows that. They don't need to lock, none of my others have done that, so even if I find a solution that lets me remove the locking caps while still allowing the racks to be repositioned, I'm going to want that.

I've got some pics, I'll try and attach them here...

Attached Thumbnails New Guy: H3T Adventure in Warren, MI-imag0750.jpg   New Guy: H3T Adventure in Warren, MI-imag0771.jpg   New Guy: H3T Adventure in Warren, MI-imag0751.jpg   New Guy: H3T Adventure in Warren, MI-imag0752.jpg   New Guy: H3T Adventure in Warren, MI-imag0772.jpg  

Old 09-03-2013, 06:42 PM

I'm really liking the idea of wheeling it around with you guys, and I'm totally up for a road trip to PA, so I'm hoping that my probation is up soon so I can PM.

Here's my '04 ZR5 that got traded in, it was a great truck for me too, in a transition sense. I really needed a manual trans though, so my son would have proper training wheels;

More pics of my SSR & ZR5 can be seen at CatchYellowFever.org

Eventually, I should learn how to put pics in the 'garage' section of this forum, eh?

Attached Thumbnails New Guy: H3T Adventure in Warren, MI-imag0743.jpg   New Guy: H3T Adventure in Warren, MI-imag0744.jpg   New Guy: H3T Adventure in Warren, MI-imag0745.jpg   New Guy: H3T Adventure in Warren, MI-imag0746.jpg   New Guy: H3T Adventure in Warren, MI-imag0747.jpg  

Old 09-03-2013, 11:39 PM

You have a Boulder Accessories front bumper (BA) with the brush guard portion removed. Is the Mile Marker winch still inside of it??

A few more posts and I think you can PM. No 100% sure on that. Have you tried to go to the "settings"? Click the "user cp" (user control panel), under settings & options you will click on "edit options" then under Messaging & Notification check the Enable Private Messaging spot and you should be able to send and receive PMs after your probation has expired.

Hope this helps.

PS: nice looking rig.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:05 AM

Welcome to the forum... Nice looking T you have there.. Love the color... Nice choice of tires I might add too. I have the Duratracs on both of my trucks....

Old 09-05-2013, 08:15 PM

Yes, I have a winch inside my bumper, and it works... I can't tell what brand it is though.

I don't have an 'enable private messaging' checkbox in my CP options, only the one that is already checked about 'visitor messaging'.

Took it through the car wash today (no touch pressure wash) and it blew off the door of one of those cargo boxes that are built into the sides of the bed, I'm hoping to find someone who knows where to get those little rubber compression grommets.

Quick Reply: New Guy: H3T Adventure in Warren, MI