New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Guy H2 Pittsburgh

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Default New Guy H2 Pittsburgh

Hi,

It took awhile to figure out posting. Think I messed up the first time. Just purchased a 2003 H2 today. 70K in sunset orange. I've been looking for awhile and I got this for a great price but it needs some TLC. Just got traded in yesterday and still needs to be put threw the dealers garage. Purchased it "as is" but they are going to let me know what it will need. There a few things that I know it will need help with but I'm sure you guys are up for the challenge. This seems like a great site.

Thanks, Keith

Old 09-07-2013, 04:07 AM

Just want to tell you guys a little bit more about me and why I got this H2. I've been into cars since I was little kid. Started out helping my Dad in the early to mid 80's on his two 1956 Thunderbirds he had. We then went on to building a real 1970 SS 454 Chevelle that we have had for the past 23 years. Did a ground up rotisserie restoration that took 5 years. The original color is red and black, buckets, 4 speed. That is my favorite car, toss up between that and my wife, lol. Seven years ago I purchased my childhood dream car a 1959 Corvette. It's in pretty nice shape for being mostly original. The car sat for a long time and I have been changing the brakes, lines, tank, rubber, wiring, etc over time as I can afford to. I have been without a truck for about the last 3 years and its been hard. If I needed to haul the cars anywhere or a load of stone or dirt I used my dads truck. That really gets old after awhile. The last SUV I had was my 07 Trailblazer SS and it was a great truck. Purchased that new in 06. Towed the boat good but didn't stop well, I had to upgrade the brakes. With the gas prices pretty high at the time and they had me travel a lot for work I decided to sell it. Didn't replace it with anything because my wife got transferred home to work so I used her 08 G6 GXP sedan. Well she decided last month that since the mustang was getting redesigned she would get one now. So there went my car and I was told that taking her new GT to work, only 3 miles, wasn't going to happen so "go find a truck." I work in a machine shop and I have been driving her daily driver Scion TC with a butterfly license plate cover and Dave Mathews Band stickers to work. Hasn't been fun at work. To restore my ego and get the best bang for my buck I decided on a Hummer H2. I know that they have issues but I have always loved the look of them. It will haul my trailer, boat, car trailer, and dogs well I hope. No more using the old mans truck. That's about it guys and I hope I didn't bore you.

Thanks, Keith

Old 04-13-2022, 02:12 AM

Nice Hummer in the photo

Old 04-23-2022, 06:39 PM

Hi Keith,
Sounds like your the right man for the rig you choose.
You picked the right source for data and helps

Welome!