Meets, Events, and Shows Have a meet, show, or other event to announce? Read the pinned thread about how to get your event posted!

OFF-Road Event: July 12th weekend - Silver Lake Sand Dunes, MI

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Default RE: OFF-Road Event - Midwest - '08 End June/Early July

I will do my best to make the outing. I will forward to a few more people.

I hope Ghostrider is happy I am on the site [sm=happy046.gif] He has been on my case for a while to join.

Just a few words of advice: 1) Voucher system will be in place 2) If this is a CLUB function the State of Michigan will require a usage permit. (Big Hint) If this is just a group of friends meeting at the dunes then it is no extra fees or paperwork.

Thanks

Old 04-29-2008, 11:52 AM

Holy crap! I can't believe you actually joined!
Good call on the club thing...no name! Just some trucks in the dunes on the same day. (thats a pretty good underground name)

Now we just have to get jaybird over here.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Nope. This isn't a club anything.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:01 PM

The reason I bring it up is that it only takes one person in the group to say "he is in charge" Next thing you know you have a million DNR officers and they are all interrogating you for 45 plus minutes and wasting valuable Dune time.

FYI

Ghostrider post a few Pictures from the 19th you can even put up the unedited version

Old 04-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

DNR officers? I'm not sure who those are. Why are they that ****? So what if a club comes there. It's a public beach isn't it?

Old 04-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Department Of Natural Resources. They are the law/park rule enforcement officers, for the Dunes, which is a MI State Park Off-Road Vehicle Area.

We are all just a bunch of friends and knuckheads who happened to meet up for some fun in the sand. Nobody is in charge of nothing. I have never been hassled by any of them, just follow the rules, and it's all good.
The official site again http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...4760--,00.html This could be a good one!

Yes........cell phone service is not good at Silver Lake. I believe it is Sprint and Nextel that work the best, if I remember right, they have "the" tower in the area.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

That's not too bad. From the look of those pictures though it seems like a congested place.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:16 PM

Silver lake is a great place to wheel. I am not stating that the DNR is bad not at all they are doing their job. When a group comes into the dunes you need to pay a group fee on top of all the permits.

They do alot of good in the dunes if you follow the rules and do not need helpyou willnever see them.

After Ghostrider gives me the tutorial on posting pictures I will show you a few good brackets for the flag.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

OK cool. I just got the impression from your post that if we even say anything that had a reference to an association we'd be slapped with a pile of paperwork and bills to pay. How long is the process to get in? We aren't going to be sitting at the entrance filling out papers and waiting in lines to get in are we?

Old 04-29-2008, 04:59 PM

DNR aka God's older brother.

Michigan humor...hah.
Heres some pics from April 19th! Same kind of thing..we had a GREAT time!

Quick Reply: OFF-Road Event: July 12th weekend - Silver Lake Sand Dunes, MI