Meets, Events, and Shows Have a meet, show, or other event to announce? Read the pinned thread about how to get your event posted!

OFF-Road Event: July 12th weekend - Silver Lake Sand Dunes, MI

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: OFF-Road Event - Midwest - '08 End June/Early July

I'll have to take a pic of the lighthouse oil painting we have in our front living room. It's awesome. I also have a few more pictures I haven't put up yet since I've moved.

The sad part is I have never been in one. That would be a very memorable experience if I could actually go up in one that weekend. Doc would live in infamy in my mind as the mastermind of the excursion

Old 04-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

The last pic is the beach/dunes at the Ludington State park from Big Sable light house. Gave me the heebee jeebees just being up there.

HG.........foot traffic only all along the beach, bicycles on the trail. You could drive your Hummer there, but you wouldn't look good in STRIPES!

LOOK Mike....look! http://www.hartsilverlakemears.com/lighthouse.html Infamy is mine?

Old 04-16-2008, 07:54 PM

I know this is a different location and I'm sorry for Hijacking this but I thought that HG would like this. It was built in 1792 in VA Beach, now Ft Story (Army Base) We used to have to actually run up and down thoses stairs for PT (Physical Training) You got a TShirt saying that you did if you made it all the way up and back without stopping. (NO, I don't have a Tshirth) 189 Steps, HA!

Old 04-17-2008, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Looks like something from the game MYST. Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

I have only wheeled in deep sand one time and it was a lot of fun. For those of you sitting on the fence it will be a lot of fun and you will regret missing it if you don't go.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Sand is a blast. Some call Silver Lake/Mears MI "Sand City". I have been goin for 30 years, not every single year, but a bunch of them. I know where all the City, County, and State parks are. No intention of pounding my chest, just letting everyone know that I can point you to the best and coolest beaches, bars, restaurants and you name it for whatever you want to do.
Wheel with a bunch of Hummers, and go have some fun when you're done!! Invite your friends to tag along, any 4x4 four wheeler, ATV people are all welcome. You can rent Jeeps and buggies too.

The Dune area is smack dab against Lake Michigan, and there is almost a mile of beach there where you can load up the truck and cooler (no etoh in the park ) and have a good time at the beach in between great wheeling. If ya get too hot, go for a swim. There will definitely be some chillin and grillin in the evening and, if the weather can possibly cooperate, spectacular sun sets off the lake front. You just gotta see it to believe it. One of my favorite places, anywhere...........in the summer of course.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds great! Let's hope I find some seats/covers/gel inserts for my wife by then

Old 04-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Just do it. Northern MI in the summer.................can't beat it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaWtBVt_wI0

Old 04-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

We'll I'm 100% set to go on your Doc. I'm trying to figure out how to get to the other ones scheduled around this one.

I assume our date isn't set in stone yet until we get more feedback? HummerMike said he doesn't think he is going to go because the Dunes aren't his thing. I don't think he realizes how much there is to do, but oh well

Old 04-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I just re-read his email. Actually, he said he's not sure but it looks like a cool place.

Maybe we can persuade him, perhaps you can bribe him with a free install of your AirDoc Intake? He has a '08 H3 Alpha

Quick Reply: OFF-Road Event: July 12th weekend - Silver Lake Sand Dunes, MI