Hummer H3T The popular H3 gets the added capabilties of a small pick-up, with the look and performance of the original H3.

H3T Road Armor Bumper (+pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 11:28 PM

Aside from animals I also wheel my Hummer off-road quite a bit, I am constantly bushing up against logs, trees, deep banks and undergrowth. It is nice to have something that will protect the front end a bit more; I especially like how the bar wraps around the side markers, that is going to save my front grill and headlamps in the future.

Right now I am looking into a Hydraulic winch from Mile Marker, it is a bit on the heavy side weighing in around 100lbs. I will likely look into synthetic rope for it once I have it installed.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Right now I am looking into a Hydraulic winch from Mile Marker, it is a bit on the heavy side weighing in around 100lbs. I will likely look into synthetic rope for it once I have it installed.
I am also looking at the Mile Marker hydraulic winch. I like the continuous duty capability plus the hydraulics tend to be much cooler and heat is the worse enemy of synthetic line. I also like keeping the high electrical load off my battery and alternator. Warn also has a hydraulic winch now, but Mile Marker has been doing hydraulic much longer and the DoD uses them in the H1.

The MM HI9000 and the HI10500 weigh 103 lbs http://www.milemarker.com/pdf_downloads/hi_specs.pdf (including the hoses, so the winch is ~100 lbs). I called Mile Marker and they do sell the winch with synthetic winch line (I almost fell out of my chair), the part number is 19-52038-100. I figure I'll get it with the synthetic line so I don't have to pay for steel cable to take up space in my garage. The weight reduction with the synthetic winch line should be 22.4 lbs (see http://www.winchline.com/faq.htm) and if you switch to an aluminum fairlead you can save another ~11.5 lbs for a total of 33.9 lbs weight savings. That gets the 103 lbs down to 69 lbs.

When I called Mile Marker I asked if they have an install kit for the H3/H3T and they said no, but they could make custom hoses for the H3. They are supposed to call me back. I'll see if I can talk them into making an H3 kit.

Now my main problem is to select a bumper that can accommodate the MM HI9000. I'm leaning toward the ARB Deluxe Bull Bar because it is less than 150 lbs (150 is the shipping weight, ARBUSA guessed it was 110 lbs and ARB.com.au said between 110 and 132) but the technical support could not tell me if it was compatible with the HI9000. It is compatible with the Warn 9.5 so maybe MM can tell me if the HI9000 fits within the Warn 9.2 envelope. I want to make sure the bumper is compatible with the winch before I order them.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:53 PM

I had no idea they offered it with a synthetic rope, that is good to know. Did they mention what kind of difference in price it would be?

I was planning on having the hoses trimmed up at a shop here after I picked up the winch, the only wild card for me was if the 35 series valve adapter kit would work with the H3/H3T. They are so vauge on the description I wasn't really sure.

I left the question with a dealer here in Canada to look into for me.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:55 PM

^^ Maybe we should start up a MileMarker thread for the H3T?

Old 02-04-2010, 11:57 PM

I had no idea they offered it with a synthetic rope, that is good to know. Did they mention what kind of difference in price it would be?

I was planning on having the hoses trimmed up at a shop here after I picked up the winch, the only wild card for me was if the 35 series valve adapter kit would work with the H3/H3T. They are so vauge on the description I wasn't really sure.

I left the question with a dealer here in Canada to look into for me.
I think the tech support person I talked to was confused. The part number he gave me is for the synthetic line, not the winch with synthetic line. So it looks like you have to buy the winch with steel cable and buy the synthetic rope separately. I found a price of $88 for the steel cable and $342 for the synthetic rope. I don't mind paying the $342 for something I'll use but I hate paying $88 for something I don't need or want!

Yes, we should probably start a Hydraulic Winch thread.