Hummer H3T The popular H3 gets the added capabilties of a small pick-up, with the look and performance of the original H3.

H3T Road Armor Bumper (+pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Default H3T Road Armor Bumper (+pics)

EDIT:

JUST SO EVERYBODY IS AWARE... ROAD ARMOR HAS CHANGED THIER BUMPER RATING FROM 12,000LBS to 9,000LBS.... THIS IS MOSTLY AS A RESULT OF RECENT PROBLEMS I AM HAVING AND HAVE CONTACTED THEM ABOUT... BUT WHICH THEY REFUSE TO HELP ME WITH.

PLEASE ALSO BE AWARE THAT MOST 9000LB WINCHES WILL ALSO NOT WORK WITH THIS BUMPER.

in other words: ROAD ARMOR SCREWED ME OVER

If you would like to read more, please follow the jump:
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18285

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Just arriving today!

After a hard search for a bumper I ended up picking up this Road Armor unit. Some of the major selling points for me was the 3/16" thickness used for the plates and the 12K winch capacity rating. I like that it is built to match up with the body lines of the truck and has the sleeved & recessed fog light mounts as well.

I thought I would post up some pictures as I actually had a pretty hard time finding any larger sized ones on the internet myself. I was trusting that it would be a nice unit, now seeing it in person I am very impressed!

Big thanks to Mark & Cindy at Road Armor for helping me put this deal together!
RA LINK: http://www.roadarmor.com/site/hummer/h3.php#product01

Anyway, enough talk... here are the pictures.

Cheers!
-SP

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 02-19-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:33 PM

I am interested to see this on a truck that has bigger tires than the one on the website, also on a T which bigger than a regular 3. To me it looks to big for the truck they installed it on...also $$$

congrats, put some pics up when its on!

Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 PM

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, the promo picture they have (which is a whopping 200x140 pixels) is taken on kind of a weird angle downwards and looks like the base H3 with smaller tires.

I will post pictures on this thread once I get it all mounted up; I have 35's on my H3T which will probably be more proportionately correct for this bumper.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:17 PM

Sugarphreak... step by step pics when you install it please Did they indicated whether or not it will work with the stock skid? Any mods to the radiator support? And can you take some pics of the back side of the bumper itself? Thanks... oh and where are you located?

Old 12-03-2009, 09:04 AM

I asked a lot of questions before I purchased it; one of them was specifically about the bar between the frame on the 08's and up. They indicated to me that this would be a strictly bolt on application, no cutting, trimming or modifications were required.

Of course as with any assurance like that I take it with a grain of salt

We are going through a bit of a cold snap right now so I might hold off on installing it this week. But once I get around to it I will post lost of pictures of the install and detail any difficulties I have with it.

I am located in Alberta, Canada btw

Old 12-03-2009, 06:08 PM

I love it. The bottom half anyway. Well, the bottom half except for the logo. The logo is making the section that needs to be the stongest a little weaker.

For the top half...I cannot see needing protection that high on the trails I drive on. But its a totally different world up there in Canada.

Thanks for the pics

Old 12-03-2009, 06:10 PM

Just saw the bow...nice

Old 12-03-2009, 08:45 PM

lol, good eyes.

My wife put that on there and said that is all I get for X-mas

Old 12-03-2009, 10:14 PM

Looking forward to the pics of it installed. Part of me hopes it looks like ****......I am afraid that I might have another mod to add to the endless list $$$$$$

Old 12-08-2009, 11:28 PM

I am still cleaning things up a bit... but here is a bit of a teaser to keep things interested until I finish & get some nice pictures of it.

Quick Reply: H3T Road Armor Bumper (+pics)