Hummer H3T The popular H3 gets the added capabilties of a small pick-up, with the look and performance of the original H3.

H3T parts vs H3 parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2021 | 01:24 PM
|
Default H3T parts vs H3 parts

Do any of the Hummer master builders out there have a perspective based on knowledge and/or trial & error experience on what parts should be interchangeable between the two vehicles? Of course I realise anything past the rear seat would certainly be unique to the two models. But I'm trying to find exterior parts for the front of the cab (like replacing weathered windshield molding trim parts and roof trim parts) and NOTHING exists new or used for the H3T but some for H3. Is there a rule of thumb for what should be interchangeable despite having different part numbers? Before you blast me, I recently ordered interior door window switches for my H3T using a H3 part and it fit and worked perfectly, despite different part numbers. I'm just looking to avoid wasting money if I can.

Current pic cause just word texts are boring. And yes, the "granny steps" are on the way out...waiting from my Rocky Road rock sliders to arrive.

Old 06-25-2021 | 10:48 AM

Nice looking T!

Not everything past the rear seats are automatically non-interchangeable. Leaf springs, shackles, shocks, brakes, diff, etc. are all the same. For example, a Rancho lift kit will work on both an H3 & a H3T. But yes, the obvious parts relating to the body are not.

I would first look at the H3 diagrams for the parts you are thinking of purchasing and comparing them to your T. Maybe some of the trim/molding pieces are not as long as you think they are and will work on both models. The "weather windshield trim" parts you speak of are the exterior A-pillar trim pieces and they are the same for both vehicles.

You don't even need to purchase new A-pillar trim pieces, you can just restore them with a number of different plastic restoration products out there. I would perform a search on here, many people have documented their successes. I have restored all of the trim on my own T using Dupli-Color's trim restoration paint and it has been maintenance free for 2 years now.

Old 06-28-2021 | 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

If it is in front of the back of the front doors on a H3T, it's all basically identical to an H3.