Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Winter Mods - One Thing Leads to Another

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

You guys ever use this Formula 88 Cleaner & Degreaser? My usual go to is Simple Green, except that it is not good for aluminum so I tried Formula 88 and I was impressed.

I use a large Blitz Drip Tray, been using them for years as they fit between the tires of road bikes for Oil and Trans fluid changes. Like a monster cookie pan. Used it to catch coolant, oils etc... in this job, but also to catch degreased oil off the Oil Pan, lower block, Bell Housing, Trans. Sprayed 88, scrub, rinse with water, repeat. This truck has never had its underside so clean.

Valve covers were done in the Laundry Tub. Added time to my projects, but in the long run worth every bit of it.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:53 PM

is there a part number for the PCV orifice tube grommet on the valve cover?
i tried an aftermarket one it might have been doorman brand but the grommet had a sloppy fit and it did not come with the felpro valve cover seal kit.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bronxteck
is there a part number for the PCV orifice tube grommet on the valve cover?
i tried an aftermarket one it might have been doorman brand but the grommet had a sloppy fit and it did not come with the felpro valve cover seal kit.
Are you talking about what GM calls a Dirty Air Tube? The rubber & plastic tube that goes from the Valve Cover to the top of the Intake Manifold? If so, there is for my 09 on Rock Auto under the drop down as PVC Hose, fits 08 & 09 H2s, but I did not look beyond that. Mabey check them out. Looks something like this.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Valve covers back in place before the Coil Packs and Bracket. Almost need sunglasses that jewel is so clean.

Old 06-20-2022, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Almost buttoned up two days before Spring had sprung. Just need to add the coolant hoses, fill coolant, check the wiring for the SFAN4500 and fire it up. Then back to the Side Lights.

Old 06-20-2022, 03:42 PM

no not the pipe. the actual rubber grommet that holds the PCV into the valve cover.

Old 06-20-2022, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
no not the pipe. the actual rubber grommet that holds the PCV into the valve cover.
Grommets have different I.D./O.D the 10198949 was used between 1990-2006

Old 06-20-2022, 10:17 PM

thanks

Old 06-27-2022, 10:35 AM

Love this!!

Kinda upset that you didn't put a picture of that beautiful new TSP cam! I definitely want to hear that thing rumble!

How did you hold up the lifters? When I did mine, I unfortunately lost a keeper on my shop floor and had to buy a new pair lol.

Also, the last time I spoke with James, he mentioned that he now offers the dual V8 efan setup with the capability to be controlled with the ECU. Is that what you have? Mine from him is the one with the probe in the coolant line.

Old 06-27-2022, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gpcalero
Love this!!

Kinda upset that you didn't put a picture of that beautiful new TSP cam! I definitely want to hear that thing rumble!

How did you hold up the lifters? When I did mine, I unfortunately lost a keeper on my shop floor and had to buy a new pair lol.

Also, the last time I spoke with James, he mentioned that he now offers the dual V8 efan setup with the capability to be controlled with the ECU. Is that what you have? Mine from him is the one with the probe in the coolant line.
Thanks.

Did the dowel method, worked fine. I bought an extra pair of keepers expecting full on to drop at least one. Managed to not need to open that package, did not drop any.

My Efan is the V8 set up, but with its own digital controller mounted to the shroud top driver side that monitors coolant temp in the lower hose. You can set it to any temp you choose to start the fans. I will get a pic of that up later.

Quick Reply: Winter Mods - One Thing Leads to Another