Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

What did you pay for your used H3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Banned

Dude those husky mats are VITAL to the succuess and longevity of your truck; get the mats... do it NOW!

Old 09-04-2010, 09:00 AM

Don't hate on NY guys. Not everyone from NY is bad/evil. Seriously, your just as bad as the Hummer haters that you all whine about...don't be that guy/girl. haha.

And for the record, the CUSE gets alot more snow than Buffalo. Just saying.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Banned

I'm not so sure of that man. We get wicked lake affect snow NON STOP in buffalo. And I dont live dead in buffalo, I grew up in ski country which was the epitome of an artic pit (lol), and now I live in the south towns which actually still gets more snow than buffalo. The way lake affect works is buff doesn't so much get hit hard, but surrounding cities do that are a bit futher from the lake.

Not to say buffalo doesn't get slammed pretty good though.. been there, done that.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:06 PM

I am sure of it. Google it, you will see. Make sure you type lake "effect" though, not affect. Living in such a area, you should know that. Syracuse receives lafe effect right off of Ontario. And yes, cities have suburbs. As the Tug Hill Plateau is north of Syracuse and gets SLAMMED like a dirty girl. Actually here is a link just to make my point and save you time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake-effect_snow

Scroll down to The Great Lakes region, Southeast Canada and the U.S. Northeast section. Buffalo is mentioned, only after the CUSE lol.

By the way, sorry to hijack the thread. I paid 18,300 for our H3 Adventure and love it.

Last edited by Mr. Fancy Pants; 09-04-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Banned

Oh ya you guys have lake ontario. Forgot about that one! hehe.

But look up Colden NY.. average of 180inches of snow a year (compared to Syracuse 115") I lived 5mins from Colden for 20years and still live pretty close by. Thats ski country brother.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:19 PM

Isn't Aspen,Co ski country? Either or, wiki doesn't lie. If you would like to compare records vs average, the Cuse holds a record for 192.1" and is labeled snowiest in the U.S.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syracuse,_New_York

I can't find any real data on the average amounts you claim with exception to a site selling ski lift tickets for kissing bridge....weird? You'd think with a claimed average of that...it would be all over the historical records.

Time to get off this laptop and go outside to level my baby. We are expecting alot of snow this year, the pine cones are growing on the top of our pine trees this year which means....SNOW!

Last edited by Mr. Fancy Pants; 09-04-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Banned

But are we talking about Colorado, or NY? I'm sure all the snowy states have a ski country. Colden is wny's ski country; we have Kissing Bridge, Holiday Valley, and 2 other ski resorts all within an hour of my hill.

Every single place I look, including city-data, wiki, and a few other governemt sources, all say 115" average snowfall for Syracuse. For colden, I'm seeing ranges of 160", 180", and 190". Far greater than anything Syracuse is showing.

I def. suggest cranking the tbars and losing the nerfs though. That will ensure you dont get hung up on the snow.

On a side-bar, the radio said the other day that according to the farmers almanac, this winter is going to blow and be sub-par. Though, they also said that another gvt source claimed that this winter is going to be nasty as hell.

EDIT: Check skiresorts.org They also claim 180" snowfall for Colden

Old 09-04-2010, 12:56 PM

Will def. crank the bars today and the nerf bars stay for now. Helps my wife get in and out since she is short. Me, I'm 6'3" and really don't need them. If I plan to do some serious off-roading the four bolts that hold them in really won't take to much time to remove. However, I have several 4x4 ATV's to help with my mud fix.

Last edited by Mr. Fancy Pants; 09-04-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Banned

That looks like fun man..

The truck will look SO much higher without the nerfs though.. and truth be told, they are a huge pain to take off, let alone take off and put them back on when wheeling. My 10year old daughter can get in just fine without the nerfs, it took a week learning period lol.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:23 PM

I dunno, I put them on in like 10 minutes max with my air ratchet? They will get used more than I will need them more for clearance or looks. Function over form wins IMO. Plus, once the ****ty salted roads arrive...it will save on the pants as well. Not to mention, I would assume the constant sliding in and out on the seats (by my wife and two kids) will wear them down at a increased rate???? Just because all the people on the bandwagon say the same thing....I have never been one to listen. I do what I want. Thanks for the tips on the leveling tho!!!

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your used H3?