Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

The Under $90 Air Intake!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 11:59 PM
Banned

by the way, learn the CEL codes. when one comes up for something unrelated to the air intake, it's not part of the air intake mod.

calculators cant compute common sense

Old 10-24-2011, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by mpukr9djsocr
i dont have $175 for some goof ball to make a tube.
i wont be removing anything, i wont be wasting $175 on a tube that doesnt fit the 2008's from some guy,
are you jealous i didnt pay some fooll $175 for a piece of pipe online that he doesnt even make for the 2008's only becasue he has a clever screen name of airgoof or whatever it is ?
so you over paid for a tube from the Doc,
Some guy even thought that running a flat filter stuck in a restrictive Doc air box was better than a cone filter custom CAI.

by the way, i'm sure the air doc is a fine product that many people have bought and i mean no disrespect to him.
yeah,right....

Old 10-24-2011, 07:54 AM

Much of what is read in the few posts before this one would be the main reason I simply stopped writing into forums. I started this thread a long time ago, all with good intentions. I've never told anyone they were right or wrong in the matters concerning truck mods, only thanked them for their help. What I've done or not done to my truck, would be my preference. Some folks like the color pink, it’s not my thing, but if it makes someone happy and causes no harm to others, have at it, paint your truck pink.

This would be the last time I'll entertain another’s rude behavior, mainly because it isn't worth the time. I would write to those whom choose to be disrespectful to others- "We ALL promise not to miss you, should you choose to return to another forum". Only useful opinions are helpful, your opinion is NOT required, or needed. No one likes a flashy show of ownership or assumed brain power. Most people that feel the need to spew out all their owned details, probably either do not own what they claim, or do own it, and that’s about all they’ve got going for them in life. Perhaps you’re a Nuclear Physicist that has to purchase friends as well as automobiles. Doubtful.

I’ll say this, and you have my word, I will not retort. So do your worst, talk as much trash as you would like about my response, it means nothing to myself, or most of the others on this forum. Now is your chance to feel empower. Unfortunately, freedom of speech is one of the things everyone in this country is entitled to. Yes, even you. As you have so apply shown us all.

Would it be possible to get back on track after this persons response? I sure hope so.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:05 AM

Heres how were going to proceed. We are all adults on here. So everyone needs to keep that in mind. This IS a free forum, and like Brick stated, freedom of speech is a part of this country.

You can always speak your mind, however you crossed the line. Mpkwhatever... The air doc IS a good design, it works and is a FRACTION of the cost of other intake systems out there. It provides a cheap, well made alternative to similar big name inferior products. You decided to go another route, props to you, however with anything comes constructive and sometimes destructive criticsm. Much like your take on the air doc itself. Either you grow tougher skin or you go away.

Doc is a forum sponsor who is developing other aftermarket parts FOR HUMMERS when no one else is...if you continue to slander him and blantantly bash his product without even showing yours or factual evidence you will be asked to leave this forum. Period.

I don't care if it rubs you the wrong way. The IS alot of info on this forum, you need to look for it. If you'd rather hang with your Audi buddies and swing your manhood with them, than go for it. Don't do it on here. End of conversation.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:02 AM

by the way, learn the CEL codes. when one comes up for something unrelated to the air intake, it's not part of the air intake mod.

Bullcrap.

Originally Posted by BrickWurX Mfg.
Much of what is read in the few posts before this one would be the main reason I simply stopped writing into forums. I started this thread a long time ago, all with good intentions. I've never told anyone they were right or wrong in the matters concerning truck mods, only thanked them for their help. What I've done or not done to my truck, would be my preference. Some folks like the color pink, it’s not my thing, but if it makes someone happy and causes no harm to others, have at it, paint your truck pink.

This would be the last time I'll entertain another’s rude behavior, mainly because it isn't worth the time. I would write to those whom choose to be disrespectful to others- "We ALL promise not to miss you, should you choose to return to another forum". Only useful opinions are helpful, your opinion is NOT required, or needed. No one likes a flashy show of ownership or assumed brain power. Most people that feel the need to spew out all their owned details, probably either do not own what they claim, or do own it, and that’s about all they’ve got going for them in life. Perhaps you’re a Nuclear Physicist that has to purchase friends as well as automobiles. Doubtful.

I’ll say this, and you have my word, I will not retort. So do your worst, talk as much trash as you would like about my response, it means nothing to myself, or most of the others on this forum. Now is your chance to feel empower. Unfortunately, freedom of speech is one of the things everyone in this country is entitled to. Yes, even you. As you have so apply shown us all.

Would it be possible to get back on track after this persons response? I sure hope so.
Thanks for the psych evaluation captain superiority complex. Were all so glad you have graciously allowed us our continued freedom of speech.

Babies don't even whine this much.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:31 AM
Banned

oh and the fix for the breather filter was actually to just return it to stock setup (minus the airbox of course). I removed the spectre breather filter as it was apparently restricting air to the secondary air pump and just put the little L shaped plastic piece back on the tube and put a small screen over the opening to keep debris out.

CEL off and car running perfect.

i would put up a DIY step by step, but i'm afraid of hurting anyone's feelings about saving money.

email me if you want the pics and process.

i've actually been in contact with Spectre, they laugh at the idea that some intelligent informed person posted on here that their parts were made out the country cheaply. they also love the CAI i did, and they support the efforts. Nice to see someone does.

sorry i guess.

have a good one.

Last edited by Doc Olds; 10-26-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:14 AM

Long time no see 85_305 rofl

Your assumptions are way off. People here have the knowledge, they simply don't care to help you in this situation. While this is a free board, open to all, it does not mean anybody is ENTITLED to be here. Ultimately, a forum is much like someones house, you are free to say what you wish but you may be asked to leave. You have asked far fewer questions than you have made assertions.

Got melt?

Last edited by Widespread Hummer; 10-25-2011 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer
Long time no see 85_305 rofl

WOW!!!.....I was thinking the same thing!!!!! I was going to ask him if that was his former signature.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

I simply will not sit back and read anymore of this ****.... personal attacks on forum members, and forum sponsors is not gonna happen...

see ya....

This was a useful thread and offered an alternative to buying an airdoc or a K&N.... but to attack and call Jeff a "Goofball".....

**** that...

Old 10-25-2011, 06:47 PM

Thank you Muddydawg. The slander and disrespect that was spewed in this tread made me want to leave this forum and never look back. This is a great forum that is a very resourceful tool and great place to meet like minded individuals, even have disagreements over certain things, but we as adults need to know that we need to agree to disagree, not resort to unethical and childish retorts. If your old enough to drive your old enough to know better. Period.

Quick Reply: The Under $90 Air Intake!