Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Thinking about 4" wheel spacers on H3

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 12:37 AM
Default Thinking about 4" wheel spacers on H3

I like the wider look so I was looking into 4" wheel spacers.
I don't do any offroading and ride my motorcycle in the summer so it isn't going to be driven too crazily.
I have fender flares and tires can stick out 2" past those so I'm not too concerned about tickets.
Anyone tried 4" spacers?

Old 05-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

It would be a great way of showing everybody you are "that guy"..... the one that does not know how to get the correct wheel for their vehicle. You know, that guy that got a great deal on some Rimz off Craig's List that were not hub centric for the H3 and then needed spacers for that "aggressive tire look." That would not be how I describe that "look."

Make sure you order another set of front hubs and know how to replace them when your bearings are shot from the excessive offset. If you are going to do spacers anyways, get the best brand/quality you can, that cheap Asian chit on ebay could kill somebody.

Old 05-18-2022, 12:21 PM

the better spacers are hub centric and you install them like you would a wheel with lugnuts to the rotor/hub then the spacer would provide the studs that mate to the wheels bolt pattern. cast metal spacers can crack. try for billet if possible. if it winds up it is too expensive. it might be worth your time to price new rims with the correct offset you are desiring. at the end it might cost just a bit more for the correct wheel.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:41 PM

Just saw a new Jeep Rubicon with what had to be at least 4" spacers along with 20" rims and low-profile "off-road" tires (I know, that's a contradiction in terms, but...). Probably the stupidest looking setup ever for an off-road vehicle, but hey, to each his own. As long as you don't mind increased maint/repair costs as well as having real enthusiasts shaking their heads and calling you a poser...go for it! Maybe look for a lowering kit as well.

Old 05-18-2022, 03:57 PM

Old 05-19-2022, 10:10 PM

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/bora.html

If you absolutely must get 4 inch spacers, get the BORA spacers. Made in USA. They are $152 each. As said earlier, don't get the garbage spacers off eBay.
My suggestion would be find some cool rims that look good (with the correct H3 bore diameter), and forget about the 4 inch spacer look.