Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Stalls at stop sign, will not start.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 12:46 PM

So what are you saying? You're right I didn't talk about the stereo. It ran great for 2 months with no problems what so ever so why would I mention it.

Old 04-01-2021, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

From another thread you posted in "H3 Electrical Issues".

Originally Posted by Thatsgr8
Where did you buy the AXXESS harness from? I also replaced my stereo that I picked up from Crutchfield with their wiring interface for door chimes and I am now having all kinds of electrical problems and my H3 Alpha will not start either. I can't even get the dome lights to come on correctly. Thanks.
I have no idea what you did when you installed your stereo, but depending upon what fubar may have occurred, you could unleash plenty of self inflicted issues????? Maybe nothing, maybe all of it?

Old 04-01-2021, 04:51 PM

one member recently mentioned a stereo adapter for steering and onstar that drove his trucks network nuts

Old 04-01-2021, 08:36 PM

Gotcha. I also read someone replaced his BCM because the factory wiring harness for the hitch that the wires rubbed through the insulation and shorted out his BCM. I am going through the whole truck looking for tapped and worn wires.

Old 04-18-2021, 09:35 PM

Hey Thatsgr8, I'm having some weird issues pretty similar to yours. I hope you were able to figure out your issue! It is super frustrating...

Any update?

Old 04-18-2021, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dylan Rogers
Hey Thatsgr8, I'm having some weird issues pretty similar to yours. I hope you were able to figure out your issue! It is super frustrating...

Any update?
I am still tracking the problem down. I was thinking it was the BCM. Now I think it is the PCM.

Old 04-19-2021, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Thatsgr8
I am still tracking the problem down. I was thinking it was the BCM. Now I think it is the PCM.
Darn! What a process... I wanted to reach out to you because today I finally got mine running "reliably" again. I had checked fuses twice but was only looking at the filament between the blades. While in the garage today, I decided to triple check when I realized the blades of some of the fuses had scorching and arch marks on them (namely the BCM fuse)! I sanded off the blades, re-installed it, connected the battery, and it fired right up and I drove around for 20 minutes with no stalling (or weird ABS and traction control warnings) and all my gauges worked.

It might be worth checking for corroded, scorched, or otherwise unhealthy looking blades on the fuses (especially for the BCM and PCM) and maybe even just making sure all of them are seated properly in the fuse box. I wish you the best! Here's a photo of what mine looked like, which ended up being my problem:

Old 04-20-2021, 07:06 AM

Darn! What a process... I wanted to reach out to you because today I finally got mine running "reliably" again. I had checked fuses twice but was only looking at the filament between the blades. While in the garage today, I decided to triple check when I realized the blades of some of the fuses had scorching and arch marks on them (namely the BCM fuse)! I sanded off the blades, re-installed it, connected the battery, and it fired right up and I drove around for 20 minutes with no stalling (or weird ABS and traction control warnings) and all my gauges worked.

It might be worth checking for corroded, scorched, or otherwise unhealthy looking blades on the fuses (especially for the BCM and PCM) and maybe even just making sure all of them are seated properly in the fuse box. I wish you the best! Here's a photo of what mine looked like, which ended up being my problem:

I am going to check all my fuses again. I think I am going to replace all of them just to be sure. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-24-2021, 05:56 AM

Checked all the fuses, that did not fix it. I think it is the EMC/PCM as mentioned above. 🙁