Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Rust-like dots on paint

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Default RE: Rust-like dots on paint

I have the same thing except it's only the roof & sunroof so haven't bothered to clean it yet. Thought it had something to do w/ me living at a marina (salt water). ...guess not. If you procrastinate in cleaning it, will it spread? I spent as much time as I cared to on the roof of that car when I installed all of my own marker lights.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:11 PM

Well this is a dumb answer if you live in snow, BUT, I noticed the same thing on a friends whitecar yesterday. It was tree sap. I've never seen it like that before. It looked just like rust spots. Came off with a little cleaner & wax.

poncho

Old 03-16-2007, 10:56 AM

I have noticed these as well on occasion. Not a lot but a few. I do not live in inclement weather, so it isn't due to chemicals on the roads etc - in my case anyway. I believe it is sap off the trees/foliage carried by the airmaybe. As I have seen it crop up after a weekend of just sitting in my driveway (which is not under any trees!) My remedy is to scratch it off (carefully)with a nail LOL [sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 03-16-2007, 12:40 PM

Don't forget Sarah..your humidity is laiden with salty air too...But a regular coat of wax of any kind will help keep this problem under control along with obviously, regular freshwater wash downs..

Old 03-16-2007, 12:51 PM

Right Denny, I don't see this A LOT as I said and salt air eventho I am a good 45 minsfrom any beaches is a factor I forgot about - I did just put my 1st coat of wax on a couple weeks ago (I know I need a spanking for waiting so long! LOL) A few unfortunate circumstances did keep me from doing so for the1st 6 months of ownership and then I just got so busy with work when I returned.And, while it should have been - getting a good detail/wax job just wasn't a priority I guess. Now I'm down with the wax job and good to go and she is all shiny!

Old 03-16-2007, 12:56 PM

(I know I need a spanking for waiting so long! LOL)

Spanking?..I can help you there...Name:  shiny_smile.gif
Views: 1048
Size:  21.1 KB

Old 03-16-2007, 01:04 PM

Denny I was going to ask you if you would like to volunteer ~~~~> (_Y_)- but didn't want to appear so salacious LOL.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:27 PM

I'm waiting for the snow to clear, and then will do a claybar and wax on mine. No spanking necessary.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:47 PM

I bought the Ice Claybar Tuesday and did my truck. It tooks the spots right off. Of course I am sure I am going to have to do it again now since it snowed here. It was 75 here in NE Ohio on Tuesday and today it snowed and is in the 20's and my truck is filthy again. I knew it was going to snow a bit on Tuesday when I used the clay bar stuff, but it was too nice out when I got home from work to pass up doing it. I highly recommend it to all. Especially to those who have white H3's like me.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:24 PM

I'll have to try that clay bar my white alpha is coverd but it can't be rust, it's on the plastic also and my husbands white box truck has it on the back door and that's wood so it's definetly not rust. I was told once it was spider crap. I don't know what it is just tired of it so I'll be on the hunt for the clay ba

Quick Reply: Rust-like dots on paint