Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Replacement Bumper thanks to deer

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Default Replacement Bumper thanks to deer

Are there any bumpers out there that are a decent replacement for the stock bumper. I see a lot of them like the ARB bumper with the brush guard attached to it. I like that but are there any that are less bulky? If not, does anybody know where I can get a new bumper assembly or bumper filler?

Im asking this because I hit a deer , not going very fast, but although it did not mess up my front bumper or anything, it crushed the inside bumper filler and now my bumper site half an inch back on the right side and is tilted downward and looks rough. I'm sure a brush guard would take sum attention away from the crooked bumper but I rather just fix (replace) the problem rather than cover it up.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:51 PM

if you do an online search you will find a couple of sites that have that part. I had to replace my bumper filler, bumper cover and grill 2 years ago. the insurance covered it...it was about $2000 in total. the parts are cheaper now tho...i believe i saw the bumper filler for about $300.
here it is at rockauto.com for $154.RockAuto Parts Catalog[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=9l9376ko16ik4or84fsp2mgtq7

Old 05-15-2013, 07:33 AM

Thank You. I may just replace the filler instead of purchasing a new bumper. I want to get a "deer proof" bumper though but I gues I cant have that without the weird bulkiness.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:20 AM

If you still want to deer proof your truck after replacing the bumper, this is the only grill guard that I know of for our trucks that actually works: Predator HD Brush Guard

I had the old SMA version of this guard and it's really tough. The factory bar on our new truck seems like little more than a towel rack in comparison.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:35 PM

You can actually find a replacement bumper on ebay for pretty cheap. Just buy each piece and get it fixed up.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by NJTEX
If you still want to deer proof your truck after replacing the bumper, this is the only grill guard that I know of for our trucks that actually works: Predator HD Brush Guard

I had the old SMA version of this guard and it's really tough. The factory bar on our new truck seems like little more than a towel rack in comparison.
ARB bull bar will eat that brush guard alive strength wise. I have one on my work vehicle and have hit countless kangaroos, at speeds generally over 80km/hr up to 12okm/hr, with zero damage. One night I hit four in one night and the vehicle came out unmarked.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:07 AM

I doubt I will have the kangaroo problem in VA - southern US - haha. I couldn't even imagine hitting one at over 60mph.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:59 AM

Kangaroos very similar build to deer. Same density and bone structure. No deer here where I live. Nearly hit a wild boar today though. Just missed him driving just after sun set.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:58 AM

The ARB bar is great but isn't available without the matching bumper.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:20 PM

The arb bar is the front bumper, it's all one unit. The brush guard is just a bolt on and does very little to protect the front of the vehicle from serious impact, I only have a factory brush guard on my H3 but only rarely drive at night, and I don't believe it gives much protection.

The arb bar is not cheap, but it also has build in provisions for fitting a winch, driving lights and cb UHF antennas.

Quick Reply: Replacement Bumper thanks to deer