Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Rear door rattle

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Default Rear door rattle

Hey guys just wondering if anyone experiencing a rattle from the rear door once you hit a speed of more than 50 mph??? I've got like 4000 miles on my ride and this sound has started. And trust me its really annoying. At the same time I hear a rattle from the right hand side rear passenger door. It sounds like as if the window holder inside the frame of the door is rattling at high speeds. It doesnt make sense to me. And yeah I haven't taken the ride off-road even once.

Let me know if anyone of u are experiencing the above.

Thanks.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Default RE: Rear door rattle

the rear door you can check if your jack stuff came loose also the V shaped plastic sliders by the latch are adjusted so the door sits tight in them about the side door noise do you have steps on the side on mine the plastic part that sits ontop of the tube steps came loose and that could vibrate in the wind. just some places to start also check the that the spare tire is tight

Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM

yea, I would check the jack and look inside the door to make sure there isn't anything loose like a bolt or nut rattling around in there.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:02 PM

Hummerbee,

Got the same rattle in my rear door!! Have taken out the lug nut key thinking that was it, but it wasnt. Took the jack completely out and still have the rattle.Removed the spare tire & it's still there. I gave up when I couldn'tfind anything else to take apartback there.Then I thought it might be one of the storage compartment doors. Took them out as well, and still have the noise.

I'm down to having my wife drive while I sit in the storage area to see what that brings.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:36 PM

I have the same rattle or something similar! Try this, take a towel, washcloth or somthing similar and cover the V shaped plastic sliders by the latch, close the door and see if the rattle stops. It stopped when I did it, the only issue is to figure a way to stop the rattle without having to have something lodged in the sliders. Perhaps one of the aftermarket companies could design something, I'm sure the product would sell!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:15 PM

I have a rattle like this sometimes too. It often comes when on dirt roads though, usually when i'm going slow. I haven't really put thought into fixing it yet, im curious to how you're guys fixes turn out.And not to try to steal the thread, but in the noise department, my truxxx torsion keys "pop." It's annoying. Is this normal?

Old 10-22-2007, 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: mh307

I have a rattle like this sometimes too. It often comes when on dirt roads though, usually when i'm going slow. I haven't really put thought into fixing it yet, im curious to how you're guys fixes turn out.And not to try to steal the thread, but in the noise department, my truxxx torsion keys "pop." It's annoying. Is this normal?
are they newly installed or adjusted? when i cranked my tortion bars it took a bit for them to work in

Old 10-22-2007, 07:23 PM

They are pretty new.I haven't adjusted them since getting aligned though....but hopefully they'll stop.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:45 AM
Default Not the door

Took me bout a two month for searching here and there.. but come to find out. The aero dynamics of the truck somehow allows air to flow in between the rear bumper and the bumper cover. I started to tap the cover with my knuckle and found the i had some clips that either over time worn out or my exhaust melted off. So what i did was tapped for high pitch sound. Grab some oul rags long'gaded them and stuffed in the area where the need to be. Making sure not to lift the cover so it looks like crap.. but the noise is gone.. thank god!!. Quick fix thought ill put it out there

Old 01-09-2020, 11:23 AM

Sure hope those aren't the 'Rimz' your running when you need that Hi-Lift Jack!

Quick Reply: Rear door rattle