Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Read If Your H3 Radiator Has Cracked or Leaked

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Cool Same Cracked Radiator Problem

Just finished a 6 day trip to Vermont skiing and came home to a cracked radiator tank. I went through several issues years back with a cracked tank on a Mazda 626 radiator. Instead of replacing the cracked radiator back then I just cleaned it up, roughed up the surface, and applied a smooth layer of JB Weld. This worked fine for the remaining 3 years I owned the car. Gonna give it a try on my 2008 Hummer H3 and see what happens. Not ready to dish out hundreds for a new radiator just yet.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:32 AM
Cool

Radiator patch appears to be holding so far. We'll have to see how it hold up over time with all the cold/hot/cold cycles it will see this winter.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by choochmalooch
Radiator patch appears to be holding so far. We'll have to see how it hold up over time with all the cold/hot/cold cycles it will see this winter.
Nice little bit of info hope it work's out for ya ill have to remember that one I better right it down I have old timers w/crs

Old 03-10-2015, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by choochmalooch
Hi
Garage just called that my radiator cracked as well...$802 to fix...wondered how it is holding up for you and if this is something a garage would do instead of replacing whole part? would love any advice

'07 Hummer H3

Old 03-10-2015, 11:50 AM
Cool

Mixed results actually, it's weeping a bit in the middle near that stupid center support, probably because I stopped the JB weld too close to the end of the crack.
As far as the price you were quoted, OUCH!! A new radiator is about $200 so buy one and change it yourself. There's even an aluminum replacement available out there.
BTW, Marine-Tex epoxy also works well.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:04 PM

use window wire screen in with the jb/ epoxt to stop cracks.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:12 PM

someone once described an ez way to pull the fan shroud. it sounded like it was in two pieces. mine looks like one piece??

anyone know where that guys post is?.
i dont have luck searching.

i still smell coolant but see zero leaks, juice has'nt dropped in two days??

Old 03-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Thumbs up

I changed my radiator in our 2007 H3 around one year ago. Mileage was about 120,000km at that time. Cost me almost $1,000 Canadian Dollars to fix it. But despite of that scarry bad radiators statistics I am still optimistic about Hummers! I think, guys, that tens of thousands Hummer users don't have any troubles with them and don't report and complain!

Old 03-11-2015, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Sokkergrrl
Hi
Garage just called that my radiator cracked as well...$802 to fix...wondered how it is holding up for you and if this is something a garage would do instead of replacing whole part? would love any advice

'07 Hummer H3

There are some posts on here that give step by step directions to replace the radiator. However, I had mine replaced by the dealer.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by happythree
someone once described an ez way to pull the fan shroud. it sounded like it was in two pieces. mine looks like one piece??

anyone know where that guys post is?.
i dont have luck searching.

i still smell coolant but see zero leaks, juice has'nt dropped in two days??
Try "radiator replacement" in the search, yeah whooda thunk it. This is 5-6 down on the list. https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...uctions-29122/

Quick Reply: Read If Your H3 Radiator Has Cracked or Leaked