Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Read If Your H3 Radiator Has Cracked or Leaked

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 01:26 AM

I dont know how they got the top of that tank. I have friend with radiator shop and they said you could not get just the top, and so did the dealership. So I don't know how that was possible.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:02 AM

Yup, had the top tank on my stock H3 radiator replaced about a year ago. I had to call several radiator shops before I found one that could get the job done. Paid $100.

The replacement top tank is beveled like the new OEM radiators, this prevents the chaffing issue and makes them stronger internally. We have yet to see a cracked radiator with the new beveled tanks.

A brand new beveled OEM radiator or replacement beveled top tank is our only recommendation.

You are playing with fire using aftermarket radiators.
Especially if you actually use your Hummer off road or tow.

While GM will not come clean on the poor design of the original radiator, they did however engineer a fix with the new beveled tops tanks.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:04 AM

Bought my Silla from stylintrucks.com for under a hundred bucks.
Bought some K&N air cleaner oil with it and the shipping was free.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:46 PM

Thanks for the tip misterwhisker. I also picked one up for under $100 (added 10 mm socket to the cart to get free shipping with coupon code) and just installed the Silla today. Everything went smoothly until I put back the transmission cooler lines. Had a slow leak on the passenger side I must have pushed too hard and distorted the tubing a little. Anyway an extra O ring fixed leak for now until I get around to fixing it properly.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:34 PM

Just had mine blow at 156K, called the GM number and got some dolt who didnt know anything about it, because she was obviously reading from a script. Went to the local dealer and got it taken care of with no questions asked (on GM's dime) even have the rad in stock

Old 12-09-2013, 01:36 PM

Ps
Mine has no contact with the brace area, at least 1/4" gap there (late model 07) mine cracked along the top seam about 6" long

Old 12-09-2013, 11:03 PM

Mine wasn't touching either hawaiian. Same distance, but when engine was running it would vibrate as it is not tight in there and vibrate against it, then when you hit bumps it really hits it. Can you move yours and hit it against the frame?

Old 12-10-2013, 12:25 AM

Not possible to touch unless the entire front clip flexed backwards, there are no marks at all in that area on the radiator, mine just seams to have cracked to the side of that

Old 12-10-2013, 10:00 AM

I trimmed the metal on mine just be sure.
while I had the center bracket off I checked for wiggle and vibration, none!.
the top hose keeps it in place.
the only need for bracket is to keep the rad in place when you roll over!

Old 01-02-2014, 07:13 AM

Does anyone know when they changed the radiator design? Did the new design address the transmission cooler? I have an 08 and seem to have a slow coolant leak somewhere. I have checked all of the hoses and engine and can't find a sign anywhere... I have been through one overflow tank... I noticed the tank was low and filled it, since driving about 200 miles I am down about 1/4 inch in the overflow. I have 108K miles and I am super paranoid about the tranny- I checked my transmission fluid (dip stick) and it is clear- i just changed the engine oil and it is clear (meaning no clay colored sludge)...

Also, is the 5.3 and 3.7 the same radiator?

Quick Reply: Read If Your H3 Radiator Has Cracked or Leaked