Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Read If Your H3 Radiator Has Cracked or Leaked

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Default Radiator cracked

Started smelling antifreeze on my 2008 H3 with 65,000 miles on it and sure enough the radiator has cracked across the top on drivers side. Thanks to all the other posts in this forum i realize its a manufactures defect so im headed to the dealership to see about getting this taken care of, i will keep the group posted about whether or not GM is going to take care of this issue.

Attached Thumbnails Read If Your H3 Radiator Has Cracked or Leaked-radiator-crack-400x300-copy-copy.jpg   Read If Your H3 Radiator Has Cracked or Leaked-radiator-2.jpg  
Old 10-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Default follow up on dealer visit

Just got back from local GM dealership with a quote for over $400 to fix my defective cracked radiator so instead of calling HUMMER directly i went to their FaceBook page and stated my problem along with posting pics of the defect and within 10 minutes was contacted by Sarah Grace Customer Relations Corporate who asked me to message her with details including dealership info. Now waiting to hear back from her hopefully with news that GM will warranty this defective part. While i wait i went ahead and filed a complaint with NHTSA and encourage everyone having this same issue to do the same. I will keep updating this forum for the benefit of everyone having this problem. Thanks.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Default Radiator leak

Thanks Hummer Forum for enlightening me on the design flaw with the H3 radiators. I was about to pay 800 dollars to get my radiator replaced after just purchasing the Hummer 3 mths ago. I was livid. I decided to research and saw on this post the number to file complaint with GM. I have appointment to take my care in tomorrow morning for the dealership to determine if it is indeed a design flaw. I will not except anything less than this issue will be fixed free of charge to me. I could have purchased a brand new 2013 vehicle for 20,000 but I love the Hummer an wanted to purchase something I would be happy with for yrs to come.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by V8-H3
Any Alpha's with this problem?
Yes.. 2008 Alpha. My first radiator was replaced 11 months ago when my truck was at 65k miles. ($700) I'm now 16k miles past the replacement and my radiator is cracked in exactly the same place. I've been on the phone to Lund Hummer in Phoenix, they tell me that I'm out of luck because the warranty is 12k / 12 months. I'm blown away that my radiator has only lasted 16 thousand miles. I tried to have the case escalated but Lund Hummer basically blew me off.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:36 PM

Lund Hummer is not in control. You have to contact G.M. and fight. They too may say you're out of luck. Do not back down. Let them know you are aware that this is a manufacturer's defect and there are hundreds and probably thousands of others with the same problem and that G.M. has paid for many others that were out of warrantee and even over 100,000 miles. Do not take no for an answer. They will pay for it.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:08 PM

I was fortunate and was still under warranty when my radiator developed a crack across the top on the driver's side. Dealer replaced it in a day. Happened about 3mo ago and truck only has 31K miles on it.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Default Radiator Cracked

2008 H3. My top of my radiator cracked at 53k. Looks like the sheet metal cuts into the plastic top. I squeezed in a piece of thick rubber between the metal and radiator. Maybe this will help going forward. I purchased the extended warranty so it was covered.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:41 PM

no more cracking problem here...

Old 11-06-2012, 08:21 PM

Looks good. Did G.M. pay for it?

Old 11-12-2012, 09:48 AM

Happy Monday...Add me to the list...out of warranty but good with a wrench. Hope I can limp around until Thanksgiving weekend.

Oh yeah, I'm @ 71000

Quick Reply: Read If Your H3 Radiator Has Cracked or Leaked