Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Performance Package (Cold Air Intake and Exhaust) for 2009 H3

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Default Performance Package (Cold Air Intake and Exhaust) for 2009 H3

Hey guys, just new to the hummer family and the forum. i know i can probably search the forum and find this but i like to start things new so i can follow the post easier. I was looking to get a COI and exhaust of some sort. Is there any package that has these both for a 2009 H3? all i can find is for older ones, and also what brand for each does everyone have? i know its a personal preference for looks and sound and all that, but im just looking for some input on anything right now. i use TeakaToys.com and found these.

http://www.teakatoys.com/Hummer_H3_P...h3perfcmbo.htm

http://www.teakatoys.com/Hummer_H3_A...lant-15637.htm

Any comments or suggestions would help me out. Thanks.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:53 AM

sorry CAI.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:46 AM

"i know i can probably search the forum and find this but...."

So what you're saying is that you're lazy and you want us to make your life easier?

Old 03-12-2010, 11:47 AM

please search the forum.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:43 PM

well heres the thing, im not a big car guy and im ok with that. and thats why i joined the forum. for help on this kinda stuff. and like i had said up top, its easier for me then to read along and if i wanted to print it out. i am just looking for some guidance info or suggestions to get me started. i really want to get into it now that i am starting off in college and have time to do so. so anyone who still wants to put down some info or suggestions i would really appreciate it. thanks.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:26 PM

PhatCatCatena,
a lot of guys will give u grief for not searching the forums first. IMHO ppl join this form for a lot of reasons, one of which is to gain information by the experiences of others. Hell, if you knew what u needed then you wouldn't need to ask anyone for advice now would you? I'm looking into CAI and exhaust packages atm as well. My personal research has concluded that the best CAI for wheeling is Volant with the new Powercore filter (blue), as for exhaust they're all pretty similar in gains with big brands, i'd look more into BB (billy boat) and magnaflow systems. Me personally, I plan on getting the afore mentioned Volant CAI with powercore and Billy Boat dual catback with dual chromed tips...ahh shiney chrome ... by the way most guys hate chrome on this forum...just a heads up lol. Take it easy PhatCatCatena

Old 03-19-2010, 03:07 PM

Well I don't think it is about giving anyone grief. It is more along the lines of people asking the same questions over and over and over, when the answers are readily available by just simply searching. Sometimes you will have to read a little to get to the exact answer you are looking for, but that is just a part of it and hey maybe you will learn something else... as I have found.
When I purchased my H3T, I researched the **** out of everything on this forum and others and I found 95% of the answers to my questions by searching. I would then ask questions about specifics if needed.
I know there are many who get all upset when someone tells them to search, but when you are a regular active user on a forum it does get rather tiring seeing the same questions asked over and over.
Even "google" will work for most of the questions that are asked on here. I am not pointing the finger at anyone, but I do truly believe most of the time this is all caused by laziness....

Oh and as far as CAI goes, http://www.airdocintakes.com/ that is all you need to know.

Last edited by largemouthbass; 03-19-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:54 AM

Whether or not the question has been asked a million times before, I think it is ok to bring up the topic again. Just expect that you are gonna have some folks suggest doing a search --- since most of the info is already on the forum. But a lot of folks also enjoy responding to these questions, even if they have done so a million times before. In part, I think that's what the forum is for. To remain interactive. Let's face it, after a few years, just about every question imaginable has been discussed and can be found with a search. So, go ahead and ask your question and see what responses you get -- some folks will ask you to search yourself, some will do the search for you and post a link, and some may add some new insight that may not have occurred to them before. But, either way, these forums are a great place to get info and interact with fellow Hummer owners --- after all there aren't too many of us out there.

Oh, by the way, I know nothing about cold air intakes or exhausts --- I am currently doing a search to find the best solutions

Last edited by buddy; 03-27-2010 at 10:02 AM.