Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Off Road Flag

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Default Off Road Flag

Anybody know where you can order an off road flag online thatll get the flag 10' in the air?
I'm heading to Silver Lake in a few weeks and I hear you can buy them there but I'd feel better leaving with all my gear instead of leaving the house planning on picking up gear at the entrance.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Default RE: Off Road Flag

make one....... get a cheap 10 foot fishing pole one piece design cut the eyes off of it and the cork handle then all you need is a piece of orange polly to make your flag then just design a bracket to hold it on to the truck.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:28 AM

ORIGINAL: azz7772

make one....... get a cheap 10 foot fishing pole one piece design cut the eyes off of it and the cork handle then all you need is a piece of orange polly to make your flag then just design a bracket to hold it on to the truck.
thats what i would do,or go to some website for quads or a sand dune one,they will have them

Old 10-04-2007, 08:27 AM

When I went to the Pismo I used2 bungy cords and securedan off roadflag to my spare which is already 4 + feet off the ground. Instant 10' !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 08:40 AM

Good idea azz!! I didn't think about a fishing pole!

loblouie, I thought about that...I was going to mount it to my roof rack but the DNR website says it has to be mounted to the front-most point of the vehicle [:@]

Old 10-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

At Silver Lake they sell them at several places. I got thetwo part(screws together in the middle) BLACK pole at the Silver Lake General Store. They also sell cheezy cheep brackets to bolt em on for $9.00 or $11.00. I forget what the flag cost me, I bought it 8-10 years ago?? You won't have any problem finding one, there is even a perfomance off road store right at the entereance to the park accross the street from the air stations. I had an old post for the OFFROAD FLAG BRACKETS .

I have tried to figure out a way to make the happening on 10/13, but I just can't. My little man has a soccer tournement and I'm assistant coach. What can I do???? He would skip the tourney and come with me if I asked, but I know he would rather spend the day with his buds, it's just not right to ask him to do it for me. [X(]

How about a primer pic, check out the flag!!!! [sm=smiley20.gif] You can see where it screws together mid shaft.

Name:  DSC00937.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  71.8 KB

Have fun and post us up some pics.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:00 AM

Too bad you cant make it Doc! Should be a good time..my dad just picked up a TJ rubicon this past weekend and we are getting that all built up and ready to play too!! Let the father/son Rubi/H3 battle begin!! Plus, I was looking forward to digging a hole and winching out my best bud with MOD privileges!!

I remember your post on the brackets...looks like you never really found one? I'll let you know what I come up with.

I found a company that makes the flags and masts online...even one with LEDs in the mast. I'd look like some kind of glowing alien bug.
http://www.checkersindustrial.com/pr...FQ0mIgodBQmgMg

These companies did not plan product and company names very well for google thats for sure... when you search for a company called Checkers and youre looking for a flag...you can find the history of the checkered flag and 5,000,000 checkered flag bandanas but no stores that sell ATV flags. Or if you try a company called Flagstaff, you'll find all the ATV trails and flag pole companies in Flagstaff, AZ but no orange ATV flags. They need a web guru. They need me!!! (end shameless self-promotional plug)

Old 10-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

I made that second (bottom) bracket. It worked great, but I have the zyne improved design ready. I'm gonna make brush guard mounts too, I think? I'll make up a bunch over the winter and give em out to whoever can make the trip next summer. Hope to see you there, your dad too, and some of the gang from the forum.
WARNING: the Silver Lake sand bug bites hard the first time, you may become addicted and need counseling. Sand Anonomous meeting schedules to be posted soon.

I'm gonna talk to my son and the coach at this Saturday's game, but I still probably can't do it.[:@] It's a four hour ride for me and even if I split after the first game, I'd be lucky to be there before 2:30 pm. I'm trying, I want to, but...........resposibility sucks[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 10-04-2007, 09:37 AM

I'll admit...I didnt click the link at first..I thought I remembered another thread you did on flag brackets that was unanswered. But thats a nice solution. I'll probablymake my own too and am a big fan of overbuilding!

don't get in trouble skipping out just to make it! We don't want you to lose your wheelin privileges! My cousin is all into the soccer tournaments too. He might be at the same one as you guys. When talking to my uncle about why he's not out on the lake on the weekends, he gets that same head against the brick wall tone.
Maybe just tell your son to throw some extra elbows and see if he can't get a little1week suspension. Do they sanction kids soccer nowadays? Hope they dont fine!

Old 10-05-2007, 03:12 PM

OK left coasters...I'm confused, why does one need a flag on a 10' pole?[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Quick Reply: Off Road Flag