Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

No Power, new battery, stuck key

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 10:46 PM

no power is going to the Ignition fuse (#33)
you really need to be looking at the wiring info in the book or download svc manual.
!!

fuse 5 feeds ign sw that enables run relay that feeds fuse 33!,,that feeds relay 77, enabled by the pcm. 77 enables the starter!

you really need to be looking at the wiring info in the book or download svc manual.
!!

Old 05-03-2014, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by loud pipes
I completely disassembled and disconnected the fuse box last night, reassembled it as well, made sure the main harnesses snapped all the way in place, and still no luck. But I am narrowing it down:

- battery is good
- mega fuse is good
- power to alternator
- fuses are good

However,

- no power is going to the Ignition fuse (#33)
- no power at the starter solenoid
- no brake lights, head lights, dash lights or dome lights

I would have said my ignition is bad, except those last 3 points throw me. Does a bad ignition in the H3 shut down all electric, like a kill switch?
Connect a scanner to the dlc, and check if the scanner will communicate. Post the results

Old 07-09-2014, 11:47 AM
Default no power, new battery, stuck key RESOLVED!!!

Hey all, you probably thought I fell off the face of the earth. Nope!

Happy to report this is resolved. I wish I would have taken pics, but I did not. Here's the deal. Under the power/fuse block, the main harness has 2 white "boxes" with female connectors that plug into the fuse block male connectors (see pic posted earlier in this thread). After taking apart a friend's H3 and comparing, I was able to see that the famale connectors actually collapsed into the bottom casing when snapped together due to broken camber clips. So, while it looked like everything was snapped in place and tight, the male pins were not reaching the female connectors as they were compressing into the lower housing when assembled. I know I am not describing this well, but hopefully it makes some sense. By just looking at the connectors I could not see this; I needed to compare it to the other H3 for a reference. You stare at something long enough and you see what you want to see after awhile...

Anyway, she now runs GREAT. Here are some recent pics @133k miles if interested.

Attached Thumbnails No Power, new battery, stuck key-img_2386.jpg   No Power, new battery, stuck key-img_2387.jpg   No Power, new battery, stuck key-img_2385.jpg   No Power, new battery, stuck key-img_2381.jpg   No Power, new battery, stuck key-img_2383.jpg  

Old 09-03-2020, 05:17 PM
Default new battery no power

which is the mega fuse i have the same electrical issue every day its different usually wake up to a dead battery even though its new started it last night didnt take much to charge it just a sec then the noise starts engaging stuff on fire wall whatever that is then it started and ran,,, this am dead again stereo off as i have to manually turn it off but today there is no noise on firewall no lights or click or even trying to start like no power to key but the battery is new its my third battery they replaced last one free thinking the battery was bad itself but now im dead int he driveway... we had checked all fuses and relays prior to this... any ideas i cant even get it to mechanic now

Old 09-05-2020, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Janelle Johnson
which is the mega fuse i have the same electrical issue every day its different usually wake up to a dead battery even though its new started it last night didnt take much to charge it just a sec then the noise starts engaging stuff on fire wall whatever that is then it started and ran,,, this am dead again stereo off as i have to manually turn it off but today there is no noise on firewall no lights or click or even trying to start like no power to key but the battery is new its my third battery they replaced last one free thinking the battery was bad itself but now im dead int he driveway... we had checked all fuses and relays prior to this... any ideas i cant even get it to mechanic now
Tacking your question on the end of an OLD ancient thread you stumbled on is not the way to do it.

Your problem is simple... your crappy azzed OEM Battery Terminal Conectors are toast and need to be replaced with a quality aftermarket set like Stingers. Search that topic, first mod that should be done to every H3/H3T.