Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

MPG drop after leveling?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Old stuff, been kicked all over at a bunch of places..

1) MPG. Raise the nose approx 1" - 1.5" and knock off 1 MPG;

2) collision bumper alignment, is a federal safety standard, and they want to be within that required range. Not for the Hummer driver protection, but for the nit wit in the foreign chit shaker that take a head on.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds

2) collision bumper alignment, is a federal safety standard, and they want to be within that required range. Not for the Hummer driver protection, but for the nit wit in the foreign chit shaker that take a head on.
are u saying u will get better or worse milage by 1?
and what about the bumper, are u saying its supposed to stay where it is?

Old 07-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Raffi76
you must have real issues in life
Because I think a stock raked HUMMER is humorus?

The word "knock off" means take off.. subtract.. deduct.. minus.. less... do you see where I'm going with this?

Old 07-28-2010, 02:55 PM

Look 85305 the real ***** is the guy that comes on here and thinks that everything he does to his H3 is what should be done to everyones. Was running your mouth about the dude with the chrome last week not enough? The guy asked a technical question, not your opinion on what you think everyone should do to their H3. Do you have no filter or just choose to spout whatever the hell comes to your head? BTW, STFU.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:04 PM

alot of suv's have the same drop as hummers

Old 07-28-2010, 03:34 PM

The milage will decrease, less airodynamic. If you raise the height of your vehicle and god forbid you should T-Bone someone in an accident, you would more then likely cause more damage/injury to occupants of the other vehicle with your bumper/frame sitting higher. this isnt my opinion but designers/engineers and probably correct. thats why states have different lift laws. I think a leveled H3 is not extreme. as far as a stock non leveled H3, they dont look funny but combine that with stock265 tires kind of needs leveling.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds

I haven't seen it, searched for a while and couldn't find anything.

but thanks for the informed response

as for the collision requirements, I'll go for whatever keeps me safest, survival of the fittest

Old 07-28-2010, 09:39 PM

I was getting 18.3 mpg stock. Raised frt end to 23.5 and put 315/75/16's on and recently added Adventure Roof rack. Now get 15.6 avg tank. Plan to send off PCM for PCMTUNEFORLESS. Might get 1-3mpg back. But didn't buy hummer for gas mileage. bought for fun, looks and go whereuwanna. plus picked up a little extra on the side wid it too...

Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by slumlord
I was getting 18.3 mpg stock. Raised frt end to 23.5 and put 315/75/16's on and recently added Adventure Roof rack. Now get 15.6 avg tank. Plan to send off PCM for PCMTUNEFORLESS. Might get 1-3mpg back. But didn't buy hummer for gas mileage. bought for fun, looks and go whereuwanna. plus picked up a little extra on the side wid it too...

I personally want to thank you for your Honesty when it comes to the MPG #S Lately some of the Bull S##T posted on this forum is off the hook . Wait and watch : some one will be getting 19 MPG with a leveled H3 on 315's with 4 adults inside loaded with gear and a winch up front. Trust me, wait and see!!

Old 07-29-2010, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by marksteven
I personally want to thank you for your Honesty when it comes to the MPG #S Lately some of the Bull S##T posted on this forum is off the hook . Wait and watch : some one will be getting 19 MPG with a leveled H3 on 315's with 4 adults inside loaded with gear and a winch up front. Trust me, wait and see!!

Interesting thread - I'd always assumed (without really thinking about it) that the rake is so that its level when you have gear in the back as most people would have a big truck to carry big loads.

If you level it, what happens when you are carrying half a tonne of gear in the back? Do you end up looking at the sky?

Quick Reply: MPG drop after leveling?