Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Looking to upgrade my air intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 02:18 PM

2 AirDocs here! But his T-shirts don't come in Double fat I guess?

Old 01-31-2012, 07:00 PM

Just installed my AirDoc yesterday. I could tell right away that it was in. Throttle was so much smoother and better going up hills.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:31 PM

The outside temp went up to 40 on Sunday and it was sunny, so I installed the AirDoc's intake and K&N filter. I have to tell you that the instructions were the best I have ever used and I write technical "how to's" for a living (well at least part of my day job).

I could only find two minor issues with them. One I needed a philips head screw driver and it was not listed on the tools sheet (I know, I'm nit picking) and I found it way easier to drill the screw hole while I had the box out and the sleeve was not installed. I could just drill all the way through it without worrying about cutting into the sleeve. I then installed the sleeve, then box, then the screw in the hole I drilled.

Everything went exactly as instructed and it was a very quick and clean install. Engine had a different, cleaner sound to it. Now I'm going to have to schedule the PCM upgrade to take full advantage of the all of the upgrades I have done.

Has anyone done a 1 inch body lift with an aftermarket intake was installed? Wondering if it needs any modifications or adjustments...

Old 02-01-2012, 10:08 AM

Does anyone experience more engine vibration with the AirDoc? I have the solid silicone like connectors on my system and they seem to add a lot more vibration to the truck. Is this normal? I'll update to the AirDoc one of these days but just wondering if that would be the same.

Last edited by Songman; 02-01-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 58Bisc
The outside temp went up to 40 on Sunday and it was sunny, so I installed the AirDoc's intake and K&N filter. I have to tell you that the instructions were the best I have ever used and I write technical "how to's" for a living (well at least part of my day job).

Has anyone done a 1 inch body lift with an aftermarket intake was installed? Wondering if it needs any modifications or adjustments...
This is a good question about a little discussed (or thought out) issue with any body lift.

If you would like to start a new thread on this topic... basically something along the lines of what I made bold above, I will give you some info without high jacking the OP's thread. Others can pitch in as well.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
This is a good question about a little discussed (or thought out) issue with any body lift.

If you would like to start a new thread on this topic... basically something along the lines of what I made bold above, I will give you some info without high jacking the OP's thread. Others can pitch in as well.
I'll start that thread Doc. I'm interested as well.