Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Led lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 03:49 PM
Default Led lights

I am looking for led lights for the hvac control panel
i have seen a YouTube on them but they did not lost where they bought them

Old 10-16-2022, 12:09 AM

These are what I used:

WLJH 10x White T4.2 Neo Wedge Led...
Amazon Amazon

WLJH 10x Ice Blue T4.2 Neo Wedge...
Amazon Amazon

I used the white in the HVAC controls, and the blue for the rear wiper control. NOTE that neither the white nor the blue will be exact factory color. The factory are a more yellow/green color. But, these have worked extremely well for me in the two years I've had them in.

Old 10-19-2022, 02:59 PM
Default Front bumper filler

Looking for used front bumper filler 2006 H3.

Old 10-20-2022, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Chatfield
Looking for used front bumper filler 2006 H3.
Post that in the "Wanted" section or buy one off Ebay.

Old 11-12-2022, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by brothapig
These are what I used:
WLJH 10x White T4.2 Neo Wedge Led... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LCMH75R...p_mob_ap_share
WLJH 10x Ice Blue T4.2 Neo Wedge... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LCLM39R...p_mob_ap_share

I used the white in the HVAC controls, and the blue for the rear wiper control. NOTE that neither the white nor the blue will be exact factory color. The factory are a more yellow/green color. But, these have worked extremely well for me in the two years I've had them in.
Does anyone know if these short, focused LEDs will work properly in the door switch panels?

Old 11-15-2022, 03:12 PM

@Justinh hard to say for certain but I do not believe the items from the links in this post will work for the door switch panels. I just replaced my driver's side window switch bulbs the other week and I purchased these:
Amazon Amazon

However, when I went to install them, the housing on the new bulbs was way too big to fit in the holes. Luckily, the bulbs (without the housing) seemed to be the same as the originals so I simply trimmed some of the wire from the back of the new bulbs, unwound them from their housing so I only had the bulb, separated the original burned out bulb from its housing, and wound the wires back through the grooves the same way. Only took a couple of minutes to do both bulbs on the driver's side but when I installed them and turned the car on, they were not even remotely close to being "ice blue" as the post claims. I wish I grabbed a picture but it was much closer to a neon yellow color that looked terrible. I took the panel out and removed the bulbs again and this time I slid the blue cover off the bulb and installed again. Now, the window/lock controls are an orange color which, in my opinion, is better than the yellow color I was seeing.

Still don't like it, though, and much prefer the original door panel switch color. I probably wouldn't recommend the bulbs I purchased and I'm just not sure you will be able to fit those LED bulbs into the original halogen bulb's housing like I did. If you do end up going that route, definitely reply to the thread and update everyone. I was more interested in having the switches light up than getting a perfect color so it doesn't bother me all that much, but if the LEDs work then I would definitely replace my current bulbs since they are so cheap.

Old 11-15-2022, 05:59 PM

Yeah, that link was in another post. I also purchased them and found they are not the T4.2 as advertised and returned them. I didn't catch the discrepancy between the description and the details.

So we both confirmed what Hummerz confirmed about that same product. ugh Wish I had paid attention to the various product links I was scraping from this forum before I purchased.