Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Key stuck in ignition

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Joyce04
my husband checked out the steering wheel around the ignition switch and found out it is the ignition switch lock solenoid (see pic). He took it out and the key comes out. Does anyone know the purpose of this solenoid because after he took it off he was able to drive it without it.
Does this fix work for an 06 HUMMER H2?

Old 06-22-2020, 07:33 PM

make sure the h2 is in park or neutral and make sure there are no broken wires on the shifter in the center console. the wires move when you shift and break

Old 06-22-2020, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by 2006H2BEAST
Does this fix work for an 06 HUMMER H2?
Works on any vehicle. Although, you will have some explaining to do, when you pull the key, and it rolls down a hill.

Old 12-18-2020, 06:31 PM
Default Fixed mine

Originally Posted by BruceS
Turn the key to run, not start. Put foot on brake. Shift to reverse and back to park. If doors unlock key should come out.
mine
H3 2008 stuck key.....the issue is when u push the button on the shifter handle a sleeve slides up and down the handle shift when the handle is in park and the sleeve is up all the way...keys come out....when it gets stuck and dies not slide up far enuff....keys are stuck if u pop out the leather and come rind lift them up so u can see under.....u can see the sleeve wd4o it a couple times ...press the button and spray some more press the shift button to throughly clean and lubticat thr shift and the sliding sleave....sleeve should now slide qllnthe way up...and keys practically fall out...then positionbthd leather and chrome pressing slightly to click back in to place.... I shot a video i can send ya if you wanna see....

Old 12-21-2020, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jerry Denney
mine
H3 2008 stuck key.....the issue is when u push the button on the shifter handle a sleeve slides up and down the handle shift when the handle is in park and the sleeve is up all the way...keys come out....when it gets stuck and dies not slide up far enuff....keys are stuck if u pop out the leather and come rind lift them up so u can see under.....u can see the sleeve wd4o it a couple times ...press the button and spray some more press the shift button to throughly clean and lubticat thr shift and the sliding sleave....sleeve should now slide qllnthe way up...and keys practically fall out...then positionbthd leather and chrome pressing slightly to click back in to place.... I shot a video i can send ya if you wanna see....
Nothin like tacking on the end of an OLD Thread. Hooo Ray! READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'