Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Key Fob Programming Without Tech2

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 11:50 AM

looks like you have had water intrusion in the past from the orange rust located on the body paint in that area of your pic.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
looks like you have had water intrusion in the past from the orange rust located on the body paint in that area of your pic.
That could cause a problem if there were bcm codes.
Look @ tapped wires, AM alarm blocked oem rke.

Old 04-12-2022, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by ski.dive
HUMMERZ this scanner looks awesome, I'm getting one.
Looking forward to seeing people posting some videos of this scanner doing its job.
Why do you need videos? This scanner has the same capabilities of the Tech2. Just plug and play, navigate. scan all modules, look at live data..etc...

Old 04-22-2022, 08:47 PM

Ok… another solid reason to purchase this scanner if your a true DIY’r like most of us..
Went to replace front brakes on the Ole’ 06’r H3 today.
What was supposed to be a quick pad slap and caliper service turned into and entire front brake replacement…. Pads, 2 Calipers and 2 rotors.
As life would have it, it appears the front calipers were not working at all and I am suspecting that 50% of the pistons were seized.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:50 PM

Turns out, you cannot bleed the brakes on the H3 without a scanner to perform the auto brake bleed for the ABS module which by chance is part of your Master cyl… another genius idea by GM…
thankfully this scanner proved its worth again!

Thanx HummerZ !!!!

Old 04-23-2022, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotts H3 Hummer View Post
Took my 2007 H3 to a dealer with 2 new fobs. They also told me they won't program for some odd reason......... UMmmmmmm, maybe because of the BCM ? What type of dealers say things like "Won't program for some odd reason"... DUH....... Didn't they even think to investigate??? Anyway, I'm waiting for a question to be answered on my BCM before I tackle that one.......

I took mine out today for the first time to check. Simple to remove, 2 bulk connectors and the antenna connector + you need to remove the push pin clip from the lower connector and 1 push pin clip holding the bcm to the interior panel. Slide out after that. Take the board out of the housing, I only used my thumb to remove 1 retainer clip at a time to release all. BCM case opens like a book, then the board comes out. Then shower the board and contacts with CRC® QD® Electronic Cleaner and let it dry. 1 thing I did notice on a few connector contacts on the bcm was oxidation, I gave them a resurface.
Funny thing, after install, I walked away and went on to other things, then noticed my emergency flashers were on. I checked the switch off/on still flashing. Started it up, and passlock was on along with flashing emergency lights, then all went off.
Note to self, after disconnecting/reconnecting BCM:> start up.

Old 05-03-2022, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by H3MikeNY
Turns out, you cannot bleed the brakes on the H3 without a scanner to perform the auto brake bleed for the ABS module which by chance is part of your Master cyl… another genius idea by GM…
thankfully this scanner proved its worth again!

Thanx HummerZ !!!!
You do not need a scanner to bleed the brakes.

Old 05-03-2022, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by 650Hawk
You do not need a scanner to bleed the brakes.
Actually, you do if you remove lines from the ABS module to replace them thus losing all the fluid or if the reservoir runs dry.
A scanner with ABS bleed came in quite handy when I needed it. Didn't even know my scanner had that feature until I investigated in the owners manual.

Old 05-03-2022, 04:41 PM
Old 05-03-2022, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Actually, you do if you remove lines from the ABS module to replace them thus losing all the fluid or if the reservoir runs dry.
A scanner with ABS bleed came in quite handy when I needed it. Didn't even know my scanner had that feature until I investigated in the owners manual.
Learn something new everyday!

Quick Reply: Key Fob Programming Without Tech2