Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Key Fob Programming Without Tech2

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2022, 02:11 PM
Default Key Fob Programming Without Tech2

I came across this scanner last week while looking for 1 to recommend to other members. I contacted the seller and he assured me it would also program key fobs for the H3. I just verified with 2 new fobs I bought on ebay 2/$12.00 shipped. This scanner is also packed full of other functions/capabilities. Excellent deal @ $156 B/O

Originally Posted by hummerz
Gadget? Get a plug and play $150 >>>>> SCANNER: GM General Motors Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader ABS SRS SAS Scan Tool Vident

iLink400 Full System Single Make Scan Tool is the most cost-effective professional multi-system scanner that delivers OE-level diagnosis for all electronic systems of different car brands. The vehicle coverage includes 1996 to 2019 Chevy, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, Pontiac, Saturn, Chevrolet Truck, Chevrolet MPV, Pontiac APV, Hummer, and some selected 2019 models. The manufacturer is continuing updating the software to cover the latest vehicles. It has not only the basic functions such as reading/erasing codes and live data, but also advanced functions including actuation, adaptation and programming. In addition, it ensures you to access the most commonly required service features like Oil Service Light Reset, Throttle Body Alignment, Electronic Parking Brake Service, Battery Configuration, Steering Angel Sensor Calibration, CBS Correct, and others.

It reads and erases Diagnostic Trouble Codes from most (if not all) electronically controlled systems, including Engine, ABS, Airbag, Automatic Transmission, Immobilizer, Climate Control, etc.

Answers for Frequently Asked Questions on Functions:

Engine:
  • Crankshaft position (CKP) relearn
  • Camshaft position (CMP) relearn
  • Oil life reset
Transmission:
  • Preset transmission adapts
  • Reset transmission adapts
  • Reset transmission oil life
ABS:
  • Automated bleed
  • Brake press sensor calibration (for changing sensor)
  • Yaw rate sensor recalibration (for changing sensor)
SIR/SRS:
  • Setup new SDM (for changing new SIR/SRS ECU)
  • Setup SDM primary key in BCM (for changing new SIR/SRS ECU)
Others:
  • Copy and paste TPM information (for changing new Romote Control Door Lock Receiver ECU)
  • Tire type / Pressure selection (for changing new TPMS sensor or for changing new tire)
  • Program Key Fobs

Old 03-22-2022, 02:46 PM

Correction, fobs 2/$10(with tax)Shipped, price dropped: 2 For 2006 2007 2008 2009 10 Hummer H3 Keyless Entry Car Remote Key Fob L2C0007T$8.81

Old 03-22-2022, 06:07 PM

What year H3 did it work for? With our clone tech II we can do fobs for 2008+ but are not able to do 2006/7

Old 03-22-2022, 07:12 PM

Above pics taken today while programming on my 2007. All fobs have to be programmed at the same time(only had 1 oem fob, now 3), and all 3 fobs work perfectly.

Old 03-23-2022, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Good to know for those in the new scanner market.

Old 03-23-2022, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Good to know for those in the new scanner market.
Even back before I retired, the GM TECH2-II & SNAP-ON SOLUS scanners cost $thousands$$. I sold all my scanners except 1, I will keep this 1 and sell my other.
As I've stated many times before: TO DIYER'S>>> "Get a Scanner that is capable to access all modules!"
Btw, 1 trip to the dealer/auto repair shop, for diagnostics will cost more than a quality scanner!
Also, saves a lot of money for the parts throwers.

Old 04-03-2022, 10:12 AM

@hummerz
I hope your right on this one bro as I just purchased this for use on my 06’ H3
I too have the Snap-off scanners (2 of them) and was unable to program the aftermarket key fobs after multiple attempts
IF this works as you say, you will have just made my Wife a very happy lady!

fingers crossed…. H3MikeNY

Old 04-03-2022, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by H3MikeNY
@hummerz
I hope your right on this one bro as I just purchased this for use on my 06’ H3
I too have the Snap-off scanners (2 of them) and was unable to program the aftermarket key fobs after multiple attempts
IF this works as you say, you will have just made my Wife a very happy lady!

fingers crossed…. H3MikeNY
Why would I have posted a new thread if it doesn't work?
Btw, I didn't register nor read the manual!

I just connected and started navigating.
Only downside is the processor is a bit slow, yet for the price I paid(20off) I will not complain.
Here you go:

Old 04-03-2022, 11:58 AM

Sweeeeeeet! UR tha man….
mine is due in on 4/9 so I’ll post some pics when I do mine up… hopefully the weather is nice so I can dive into blower wiring as well

Old 04-06-2022, 06:13 PM

Ok fellas, here it is! It finally arrived hopefully I can start putting some of our H3’s electrical problems behind us… I’ll keep y’all in the loop as I work through things. I will be starting with the HVAC and key fob programming 1st… hopefully the rain let’s up by Sunday….. my day off. H3MikeNY 06’ Hummer H3

Quick Reply: Key Fob Programming Without Tech2