Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Installed air horns....HOLY SH*T!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:00 PM

I can't help but think of the Ahooga horn that Jim Carrey used in the movie The Mask
That horn blew the windows out the rude guy honking at him.
Is that what these train horns sound like, sic ??

Last edited by wfturner; 05-17-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by wfturner
I can't help but think of the Ahooga horn that Jim Carrey used in the movie The Mask
That horn blew the windows out the rude guy honking at him.
Is that what these train horns sound like, sic ??
No. Think Amtrak. There are some hilarious youtube's with people rolling down the street and blasting horns at unsuspecting victims. Really makes me want one

Old 10-20-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
After several days of planning, measuring, making templates for aluminum mounting plates, plumbing, and wiring, I FINALLY finished installing my air horns. No more 'sick cow' under the hood. This thing sounds like a Freightliner coming up on you! Here's the web address for the Wolo Challenger kit. It includes everything you'll need...air tank compressor, hose, wiring, solenoid valve, and, as an extra bonus, a 20ft. inflater hose, so you can fill tires from the on-board compressor. Wolo model: Challenger 810 EV.
WOLO TRUCK AIR HORNS AND HIGH PRESSOR ON-BOARD AIR SYSTEMS

An update on this thread I started a few months back (original install pics at beginning of this thread). As loud as my air horn install was, 'too much is never enough'. I wanted to add a second set of horns, and an additional air tank, but couldn't find a way to get them behind the grill, and, there's little to no room in an Alpha engine compartment, so I started to think outside the box and here's what I came up with. When the hood is closed, the horns straddle the trans dip stick, and nest perfectly. Moving a few harnesses out of the way gave me the room for a second tank.

Attached Thumbnails Installed air horns....HOLY SH*T!!-dsc00715.jpg   Installed air horns....HOLY SH*T!!-dsc00716.jpg   Installed air horns....HOLY SH*T!!-dsc00719.jpg   Installed air horns....HOLY SH*T!!-dsc00717.jpg  

Last edited by Broken Halo; 10-20-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:09 PM

An update on a thread I started a few months back (original install pics at beginning of this thread). As loud as my air horn install was, 'too much is never enough'. I wanted to add a second set of horns, and an additional air tank, but couldn't find a way to get them behind the grill, and, there's little to no room in an Alpha engine compartment, so I started to think outside the box and here's what I came up with. When the hood is closed, the horns straddle the trans dip stick, and nest perfectly. Moving a few harnesses out of the way gave me the room for a second tank.
That is very creative, mounting the actual horns to the underside of the hood.
They aren't too muffled sounding under a closed hood ? Of course, I am assuming you drive with the hood closed

Just a really great install job
I just hope I am never in front of you and driving to slow

Last edited by wfturner; 10-20-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:08 PM

That looks great Broken Halo. I like that you mounted the horns under the hood. Did you have to machine any brackets or other hardware, or was it just a matter of checking clearances for stuff provided? I might want me some of that noise making potential.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:26 PM

I made the piece of aluminum diamond plate, with rubber backing, for the attaching base. The HARD part was being able to position the horn assembly so when the hood was closed, it cleared everything. Transferring dimensions from the engine bay to the hood inner was definitely a challenge. I didn't want to get it mounted and find out it interfered with something, and have to drill more holes. As it turned out, I only had to drill 1 hole, enlarge an existing hole, and install riv-nuts. But, with a tape, scale, laser, cardboard template, and measureing several times before cutting metal, it worked perfectly.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:54 AM
Default Measurements?

I know this post was from 9 yrs ago but any chance you still have all your measurements from the initial install? I bought the same horn and accessories that you did and want to instal on my wife's 2007 H3. Thanks for any info!

After several days of planning, measuring, making templates for aluminum mounting plates, plumbing, and wiring, I FINALLY finished installing my air horns. No more 'sick cow' under the hood. This thing sounds like a Freightliner coming up on you! Here's the web address for the Wolo Challenger kit. It includes everything you'll need...air tank compressor, hose, wiring, solenoid valve, and, as an extra bonus, a 20ft. inflater hose, so you can fill tires from the on-board compressor. Wolo model: Challenger 810 EV.
http://www.wolo-mfg.com/truck.htm

Old 09-28-2019, 01:06 PM

I see a thrashing coming lol.

Old 09-28-2019, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer
I see a thrashing coming lol.
I also expect that everytime, someone pulls out in front of me or enters my lane from the opposite direction, yet I still have never used my horn, nor brake for them, and never an accident!
Driving without abusing the brakes, and watching the opposing drivers facial expressions: priceless.

Last edited by hummerz; 09-28-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:46 AM
Cool

To quote Flounder "Oh Boy!! This is gonna be great!!"

Quick Reply: Installed air horns....HOLY SH*T!!