Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

If You Had To Trade Your H3 For Any Other Midsize Suv?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 PM

Yep, 450k. I just talked to my friend that I sold it to the other day an he said it just turned over 500. And it's only ever been in the shop for routine stuff, brakes etc.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:16 AM

A 2-door Wrangler and an E350 wagon would come the closest to replacing what I get from my H3!

Old 07-28-2010, 04:27 PM

Just went from a Wrangler Unlimited (every option) to the H-3.
The Jeep was under powered. Very under powered. The automatic transmission gear ratios were not good for everyday driving. Foot on floor to stay with traffic flow.
So far the H-3 is much better and more comfortable. I never took the top or doors off the Jeep.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by headwind
Just went from a Wrangler Unlimited (every option) to the H-3.
The Jeep was under powered. Very under powered. The automatic transmission gear ratios were not good for everyday driving. Foot on floor to stay with traffic flow.
So far the H-3 is much better and more comfortable. I never took the top or doors off the Jeep.
If you never took the top or doors off the Wrangler, then it was probably never the vehicle for you. That's one of the biggest attractions for driving a Wrangler. There is nothing like motoring around with the tubular doors on and the top off. Great fun. It is a mite under powered, but not that much worse than an I5 H3 - at least with the manual tranny - never drove the auto.

But comfort? The H3 is hands down more comfortable, no question, not to mention quieter. Since we have both in the garage, I can make the comparison pretty easily.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by bflank
If you never took the top or doors off the Wrangler, then it was probably never the vehicle for you. That's one of the biggest attractions for driving a Wrangler. There is nothing like motoring around with the tubular doors on and the top off. Great fun. It is a mite under powered, but not that much worse than an I5 H3 - at least with the manual tranny - never drove the auto.

But comfort? The H3 is hands down more comfortable, no question, not to mention quieter. Since we have both in the garage, I can make the comparison pretty easily.
I agree with you 100 percent. The main reason I didnt get a Jeep is because of all the plastic in the interior.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:00 PM

a 4runner. My parents have a 99 4runner with over 200k on it and it runs like a champ.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Location: The Empire State... should be called The Nanny State

I'm going to keep my H3 until the wheels fall off and you have to pick up the pieces of the truck w/ a shovel. When it comes time for a new truck I was thinking a Tahoe. My agency just bought one and it really sold me on it. Nice ride, roomy, and I like the interior. Will be taking a hit in terms of off road capabilities but towing and interior slightly outweigh off road on the priority scale for me.
I would've said Jeep since I had a '99 Grand Cherokee that was a tank, but have been a little dissapointed with Jeep ever since they got rid of the straight 6 motor and took the solid axle out of the Grand Cherokee and replaced it w/ the ind. suspension.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:24 PM

I have a 2005 Xterra(my fiance has the H3). Havent had any low power problems off-road. maybe I am just conservitave off-road..

I used to have a Toyota Camry that ran forever... wanted a 4Runner but opted to save the $$$ and got the Xterra.

Old 09-25-2023, 10:29 PM
Default Why, Indeed?

Careful about high miles and 5 cyl in the mountains…I’m looking at a V8 swap on mine! Also, might be why there are so many for sale? If you try to trade one in, you won’t get much for it…dealers never lose!

Old 09-26-2023, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Coach
Careful about high miles and 5 cyl in the mountains…I’m looking at a V8 swap on mine! Also, might be why there are so many for sale? If you try to trade one in, you won’t get much for it…dealers never lose!
Welcome.

For your first post you dig up a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD THREAD to communicate with/at members that have NOT been here in YEARS. Not how it is done here. Please LOOK before you post. READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'