Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

HummerForums.com Special

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HummerForums.com Special

IMO the behemouth GM is slow to react to almost everything. Your Soccer mom/dad pavement pounder on lease probably doesn't care much about a few more useable ponies? Mass production is aimed at the middle of the road, not the enthusiasts and offroader. So, they set it for the average grocery getter shmuk and that's it. If they spent $$$ on R&D, they could do customer directed tunes and charge for it, but some dealers might screw it up and cause headaches....yada yada. I think it's like electricity, take the easiest path and the heck with it??

I'll be sending in my order tomorro!!!!!! You rock PCMforless.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

my mistake..i misunderstood what you said.

while GM doesnt offer a performance ECU for the hummer, some manufacturers have begun doing so. One example is the now discontinued dodge neon srt4. dodge offers various 'stages' of performance, and each of those stages includes a reflash of the ECU.

i honestly dont know why more automakers dont get on board with the 'factory offered' aftermarket.
Ok. I was unaware that any of the automakers did it. It would definitely make it more convenient, but probably more expensive for drivers if more people offered the tuning. If I could go to the dealership or a reputable performance shop today for the tune I'd probably do it.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: pool_shark

I'm not saying it's easy, I'm not saying it isn't, but if you guys can do it surely others can too. Every current technology in the world today can be learned and copied.
The automotive engineers also know how to do it, they create the initial programs. Why don't the dealerships offer to tune your PCM by sending it off to the factory?
I 'm not calling it a get rich quick scheme either, but you are obviously making a profit or your business wouldn't exist. Why doesn't the auto makers get into a market that would most likely bring more money since the service is in such demand?
I don't know, I do not work for GM, so I can't answer that solidly. If I had to surmise, I would guess it is for the same reason few automakers deal in aftermarket performance parts: they can't compete with the price of those speciality shops.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

IMO the behemouth GM is slow to react to almost everything. Your Soccer mom/dad pavement pounder on lease probably doesn't care much about a few more useable ponies? Mass production is aimed at the middle of the road, not the enthusiasts and offroader. So, they set it for the average grocery getter shmuk and that's it. If they spent $$$ on R&D, they could do customer directed tunes and charge for it, but some dealers might screw it up and cause headaches....yada yada. I think it's like electricity, take the easiest path and the heck with it??
I agree with this. I believe it is safe to say those who buy a car just to drive it and nothing more greatly outnumber those who buy it and tinker. So they invest their money into making a better product for the middle of the road guy, instead of putting into a market that may or may not respond well to what they offer.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:44 AM

Thanks Kelley and everyone else at PCMFORLESS. Iam very impressed at how quick the turn around time was. Sent in the PCM from SO. CAL. late monday afternoon recevied it back thursday afternoon very good. It took about 5 to 10 min. to reinstall.
Took it out for a quick spin and noticed a differance right away. Too early to give results on anything else but will let everyone know after driving around for a while.
Great price, excellent service, and great results so far.
Thanks Again....

Old 08-17-2007, 01:04 PM

Cool thanks for the update Todd

Old 08-17-2007, 05:25 PM

Kelly,

I got my updated PCM installed Wednesday and the butt-dyno likes the results so far. Quicker off the line, better highway acceleration and downshifts. Easy to install and quick turn-around times. Guys, if you haven't done this yet, do it!
[/align]

Old 08-27-2007, 02:28 PM

Just got back from vacation and installed the tuned PCM today. I know people are saying it takes a tank or two to REALLY notice the difference, but I immediatly noticed the difference in when it shifts and the smoothness. Does anybody now if the tune includes changing the speedo from the stock tire to the 35's since mentioned in the form of the change.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Bennersj

Just got back from vacation and installed the tuned PCM today. I know people are saying it takes a tank or two to REALLY notice the difference, but I immediatly noticed the difference in when it shifts and the smoothness. Does anybody now if the tune includes changing the speedo from the stock tire to the 35's since mentioned in the form of the change.
Yep, if you put it on your ordersheet it is taken care of.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:18 AM

if only i would have bought my hummer sooner,i could have got a good deal on a tune

Quick Reply: HummerForums.com Special