Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

HummerForums.com Special

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Default RE: HummerForums.com Special

Pulled mine out and sent it in yesterday Express mail should bethere today. Can't beat the price... I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Kelly. I will be getting a hold of you with all the details for an order thurs or friday when I have some extra time. Still digging out from last week's vacation. [:@]

Old 08-14-2007, 09:32 PM

Guys go for it.
It's a great deal and well worth it.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:30 AM

I have a question regarding the pcm tuning. I've been reading about it for days and can't find my answer. If it is posted then forgive me for asking and post a link.

So far I haven't read one post of a person being unhappy after pcm tuning. If it works so well, makes everyone so happy with the performance, and it's in such demand, why don't more performance shops offer the service? I read that it is illegal according to EPA regulations, but if is true I would think people wouldn't advertise the service.
Why don't dealers offer pcm tuning at some outrageous price for the convenience of just driving to your local dealership? Why don't dealers offer it at a competitive price to cut in on what seems to be a pretty lucrative service market?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:33 PM

ORIGINAL: pool_shark

I have a question regarding the pcm tuning. I've been reading about it for days and can't find my answer. If it is posted then forgive me for asking and post a link.

So far I haven't read one post of a person being unhappy after pcm tuning. If it works so well, makes everyone so happy with the performance, and it's in such demand, why don't more performance shops offer the service? I read that it is illegal according to EPA regulations, but if is true I would think people wouldn't advertise the service.
Why don't dealers offer pcm tuning at some outrageous price for the convenience of just driving to your local dealership? Why don't dealers offer it at a competitive price to cut in on what seems to be a pretty lucrative service market?
If it were easy to do, then more people would offer it

Honestly that's the best reason. Tuning is not really something that you can just plug and play with...The programs can be incredibly overwhelming, as there is not a how-to guide that says, "add timing here" or "change these numbers like this". With thousands of areas to make changes, you've got to know what works and what doesn't...and that simply takes time. We're talking years on the dyno, at the track, working with different FI setups, all different kinds of cars...it really takes a lot to get the most out of the tune. This is why you have shops that soley do mechanic work...and then those that only do tuning - it is very specialized. Anyone can buy the software, but it takes a quality product & years of proving that to become an established name...

Also, it's not cheap to do. You guys don't want to know how much money we have tied up in software & computers. Then you figure in advertising, what we spend to research & develop, and stock PCMs...trust me, tuning is not a get rich quick scheme

Old 08-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Administrator

i should also say that we have had people here who questioned their (Kellys) claims, until they finally "took the leap" and got their hands on one of their modified PCMs, and they are their words in a hurry.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:53 AM

Just finsihed filling out the order form and its going in the mail today. It will actually give me ONE thing to look forward to when I get back from vacation.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: kelly@pcmforless

If it were easy to do, then more people would offer it

Honestly that's the best reason. Tuning is not really something that you can just plug and play with...The programs can be incredibly overwhelming, as there is not a how-to guide that says, "add timing here" or "change these numbers like this". With thousands of areas to make changes, you've got to know what works and what doesn't...and that simply takes time. We're talking years on the dyno, at the track, working with different FI setups, all different kinds of cars...it really takes a lot to get the most out of the tune. This is why you have shops that soley do mechanic work...and then those that only do tuning - it is very specialized. Anyone can buy the software, but it takes a quality product & years of proving that to become an established name...

Also, it's not cheap to do. You guys don't want to know how much money we have tied up in software & computers. Then you figure in advertising, what we spend to research & develop, and stock PCMs...trust me, tuning is not a get rich quick scheme
I'm not saying it's easy, I'm not saying it isn't, but if you guys can do it surely others can too. Every current technology in the world today can be learned and copied.
The automotive engineers also know how to do it, they create the initial programs. Why don't the dealerships offer to tune your PCM by sending it off to the factory?
I 'm not calling it a get rich quick scheme either, but you are obviously making a profit or your business wouldn't exist. Why doesn't the auto makers get into a market that would most likely bring more money since the service is in such demand?

Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

i should also say that we have had people here who questioned their (Kellys) claims, until they finally "took the leap" and got their hands on one of their modified PCMs, and they are their words in a hurry.
I don't understand your point. I didn't question anyone's claims and I didn't say it doesn't work, in fact I stated that I have not read one post in which someone who has had it done was unhappy.

I'm just wondering why more people don't offer the service.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Patrick

I don't understand your point. I didn't question anyone's claims and I didn't say it doesn't work, in fact I stated that I have not read one post in which someone who has had it done was unhappy.

I'm just wondering why more people don't offer the service.
my mistake..i misunderstood what you said.

while GM doesnt offer a performance ECU for the hummer, some manufacturers have begun doing so. One example is the now discontinued dodge neon srt4. dodge offers various 'stages' of performance, and each of those stages includes a reflash of the ECU.

i honestly dont know why more automakers dont get on board with the 'factory offered' aftermarket.

Quick Reply: HummerForums.com Special